Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2018, 08:04 PM   #16

I sent an e-mail to Ricoh Imaging's customer service over the weekend. I got a generic answer - "Sorry. Thanks for being a loyal customer. Contact precisioncamera.com.". (I mentioned I have an ME Super.) Not a surprise but it would have been nice if they'd give me more info'. It doesn't sound like I'm the first. (Lol! I tried to see if Ricoh would send me a loaner while it's away. I'd love to try a K-3ii or a KP. No dice. Oh well.)
The camera was flawless today - 1st image through 306th.
Guess my next move is to contact Precision Camera. Has anyone dealt with them? Quick turn-around for warranty work? I'd hate to miss the peak Fall colors, probably a week or so away.
Loved my Nikon, which I'll use while the K1 is "on vacation" but I'm weirdly _obsessed_ with the K1. It doesn't even feel heavy any more. Makes the D5300 feel like a toy.

10-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JoeKrepps Quote
I sent an e-mail to Ricoh Imaging's customer service over the weekend. I got a generic answer - "Sorry. Thanks for being a loyal customer. Contact precisioncamera.com.". (I mentioned I have an ME Super.) Not a surprise but it would have been nice if they'd give me more info'. It doesn't sound like I'm the first. (Lol! I tried to see if Ricoh would send me a loaner while it's away. I'd love to try a K-3ii or a KP. No dice. Oh well.)
Guess my next move is to contact Precision Camera. Has anyone dealt with them? Quick turn-around for warranty work? I'd hate to miss the peak Fall colors, probably a week or so away.
Loved my Nikon, which I'll use while the K1 is "on vacation" but I'm weirdly _obsessed_ with the K1. It doesn't even feel heavy any more. Makes the D5300 feel like a toy.
It is usually better to call the customer service number that's printed on your warranty card than using the contact form on the website. At least you got an automated response. For a time people were getting no response at all.
10-23-2018, 07:10 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JoeKrepps Quote
The problem with your situation is that they very well may not see the issue. Bouncing around in shipping may fix the problem. I'd talk to them to see if they have any suggestions. It may be best to wait a bit, within the warranty period. It obviously is an indication of some problem, and likely will get worse. Which then makes it easy to diagnose and repair.

But talk to them at Precision.

It sounds like a cold solder joint or dodgy connection of some kind.
11-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Short update on my issues:
Ok so I know now for sure that my problem is the mirror who got stuck occasionally.

I had it acting worse today, freezing the camera on the first shot while being black in the viewfinder. Removing battery, putting it back in and turning on the camera the first thing I heard was the mirror switching down.
Then the camera was working as usual.

I am almost half a year out of warranty. I will try to contact ricoh on this issue but not so much hope they will fix it for free...