Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-1 AWB and SR setting on tripod

Hello,
I'm going over the settings in my K1 for a shoot, tomorrow. I consulted the manual, but didn't find it. So 1. How do I set my camera to Auto White Balance? 2. When using a tripod, do I leave SR on? Thank you very much.
Terry

10-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Auto White Balance
Press the left button on the 4-way pad, then select AWB. If you have C20 set, press the AF point selection button first.

Always turn SR off when on a tripod.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-11-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hello,
2. When using a tripod, do I leave SR on?
If you're using the self-timer or the remote control trigger, SR will automatically be turned off (unless you set otherwise in C21).
10-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Press the left button on the 4-way pad, then select AWB. If you have C20 set, press the AF point selection button first.

Adam,
When I press the left button on the 4 way pad, it just moves the auto focus spot indicator over to the left. I'm not getting that screen.
Terry

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 02:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
If you're using the self-timer or the remote control trigger, SR will automatically be turned off (unless you set otherwise in C21).
I do use the 2 second delay, does that turn it off. That would be great.
Terry

10-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I press the left button on the 4 way pad, it just moves the auto focus spot indicator over to the left. I'm not getting that screen.
Then just press the AF point selection button first (see post #2).

I do use the 2 second delay, does that turn it off. That would be great.
Yes, it turns it off. This is my go-to.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster

I have back button focus set up. I guess I'll get this figured out. At list I know what to look for. Thank you.
Terry

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 04:39 PM ----------

Got it. Put it in LV, pressed the left button on the 4 way pad, and there it was. Sweet. Thank you.
Terry
10-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have back button focus set up. I guess I'll get this figured out. At list I know what to look for. Thank you.
Terry

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 04:39 PM ----------

Got it. Put it in LV, pressed the left button on the 4 way pad, and there it was. Sweet. Thank you.
Terry
You don't actually have to go into LV to do it. This works, but not needed. The button to press to switch out how the 4 way works is just above the 4 way. I believe it's the right most one. Don't have camera with me, so can't 100% be sure.
10-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
You don't actually have to go into LV to do it. This works, but not needed. The button to press to switch out how the 4 way works is just above the 4 way. I believe it's the right most one. Don't have camera with me, so can't 100% be sure.
Thank you, Mark.
Terry