Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2019, 04:41 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your help. You have all sorted my dumb problem. I had the exposure compensation set to -3, not sure why. I just did an indoor shot and it is now exposing normally and exif is saying 0 compensation. Give me back my old film mechanical Pentax KM,

02-02-2019, 04:44 AM   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wombatwal Quote
No, I don't press the exposure compensation button in manual at all. Ah, I have just checked this new dial and I had the exposure compensation set on. I have put it onto 0. So hopefully should be ok, will check tomorrow during daylight hours. Damn new fangled cameras

Glad you figured it out, even without needing a photo to explain it.

02-02-2019, 04:57 AM - 1 Like   #18

It's often useful to turn off memory in the settings of the camera; I've had the same problem with exp comp on initial shots after a prolonged period between shooting- ie we forget its been set previously. Even more important now on the k1 and kp which don't have exp comp on a top lcd for easy refernce. Luckily, the k1 allows you to reset the exposure compensation between power cycles by disabling the memory for it. (By default memory is enabled, so you would have to turn it off in settings). I also disable drive memory and white balance.
02-02-2019, 05:04 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nunavut Quote
It's often useful to turn off memory in the settings of the camera; I've had the same problem with exp comp on initial shots after a prolonged period between shooting- ie we forget its been set previously. Even more important now on the k1 and kp which don't have exp comp on a top lcd for easy refernce. Luckily, the k1 allows you to reset the exposure compensation between power cycles by disabling the memory for it. (By default memory is enabled, so you would have to turn it off in settings). I also disable drive memory and white balance.
Thanks Nunavut, have just done it. There is certainly a lot to learn to competently use the K1.

02-03-2019, 05:13 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is certainly a lot to learn to competently use the K1.
There is indeed! And that is why I find the camera so fun and satisfying to use.
02-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #21

Thanks Nunavut, have just done it. There is certainly a lot to learn to competently use the K1.
@mikesul @wombatwal how do you create a signature with images of your camera gear?
02-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@mikesul @wombatwal how do you create a signature with images of your camera gear?
Sorry, Nunavut, I have never done so I do not know. But I am sure someone will show up soon who can help you.

02-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Please see this thread: Need More Photo Space? Donation info / Account Comparison (Pentaxian/Site Supporter) - PentaxForums.com

As you can see, you'll need to upgrade your account to add images to your signature.
02-04-2019, 08:39 PM   #24

@markJerling Done!
02-05-2019, 02:32 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@markJerling Done!
Well done! If you need help, feel free to let me know.