Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Exactly!

It's also worth noting that in the last 50 years, the flash sync speed of shutters has gone from 1/60 to 1/200 or faster. A wee bit'o physics can show that faster shutters mean much much higher shutter shock -- 3X the sync speed creates 9X the shock.

Creating a shutter with a controllable curtain speed would let the photographer use a slow sync speed with much lower shock levels under conditions where shutter shock might be a problem. It may even be possible for the camera to analyze its internal accelerometer data and provide a "shutter-shock alert" after the picture so the photographer knows to inspect the image; switch to slow-sync mode or better secure the camera and lens; and retake the shot.
Great idea!

07-25-2019, 01:34 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pikselisiirto Quote
My K-1 with DFA*50 produce shutter shock blur from 1/200s - 1/320s and slower. It is worst at 1/160s and slower. I cannot use IBIS because it would be pointless to use DFA*50 then.
What do you mean, why would it be pointless?
10-20-2019, 11:16 PM   #63

I have experienced couple of times shutter shock with the F 17-28 Fish-Eey in the 1/80-1/250 range. In the wider zoom range. Both with the shake reduction enabled and disabled. After trying to reproduce it, I did not succeed. The only thing what has changed, was battery charge level. It was charged less than quarter, and later on almost empty when shutter shock occured. When battery is fully charged there is no shutter shock with this fishey. I have never experienced shutter shock with the prime lenses stated in this thread.

Last edited by ta-das; 10-20-2019 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Spelling error