Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2019, 01:53 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SD Card Slot 1 Locked on K-1

Help. I have somehow managed to lock my SD card slot 1 and I have no idea how to unlock it.

Here’s what I see: When I press the INFO button and cursor to the MEMORY CARD OPTIONS, the screen shows that card 2 is selected with a right arrow. Card 1 shows instead a yellow key symbol. Further, either pressing OK or using the rear E-dial allows cycling through the options – except that slot 1 is greyed out for the sequential option and unavailable to select. I get the same option choices under MENU 2/MEMORY CARD OPTIONS, i.e., no way to select card 1 first.

I have searched the manual for all topics containing “memory card”, “SD”, and “lock” and can find no mention of any way to unlock (much less lock) any slot. There is mention of “protecting” images, but only during playback, not recording.

I have checked that my SD card itself is not write-locked, and indeed if I switch cards 1 and 2, slot 1 still shows as locked and slot 2 works just fine with my card.

Any ideas? What have I done and how do I unlock slot 1?

---------- Post added 03-28-19 at 03:01 PM ----------

I found the answer in another post I had not seen. Turn off camera, remove card 2, turn on camera. The default has now moved back to slot 1. Turn off camera and insert card 2 and all is well and as expected. Thanks!

03-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes, a well-known hack. Glad it worked out for you.
03-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bartholowj Quote
I found the answer in another post I had not seen. Turn off camera, remove card 2, turn on camera. The default has now moved back to slot 1. Turn off camera and insert card 2 and all is well and as expected. Thanks!
Yes that is the only way to tell the camera which card slot to use first. There is no menu item to do this.