Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2019, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

If you want the water line horizontal you should rotate the image 1.93 (roughly) degrees counter clockwise.

And it’s easy to tell what is right and wrong here since the water acts as a horizontal mirror. The trees above the water line should line up with the trees in the mirror.

Last edited by Gimbal; 04-11-2019 at 12:51 AM.
04-11-2019, 02:09 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
If you want the water line horizontal you should rotate the image 1.93 (roughly) degrees counter clockwise.

And it’s easy to tell what is right and wrong here since the water acts as a horizontal mirror. The trees above the water line should line up with the trees in the mirror.
Yes, I have no idea what the (rough!) rotation angle should be in your photo but, in a shot with a water reflection like yours, the image often looks better to me if an imaginary line joining corresponding points is not tilted.

Philip
Attached Images

04-11-2019, 02:19 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blackest Quote
Ok here is the photo in question with no rotation

https://static.uglyhedgehog.com/upload/2019/4/8/403834-img0334_4.jpg

It isn't clear where the horizon is, trees are not necessarily vertical, there is a fence maybe the posts are vertical...
To be fair my intention was to see if the exif data for the rotation was useful or not. I'm fully aware I can make artistic choices or not choose at all. For architecture this probably is a bigger issue as we have expectations of how buildings should look. If you have the measurement, you shouldn't need to guess.

I guess i could say I weigh 12 stone, I have some scales in the bathroom that disagree
To me, that feels like you need to rotate the image a little anticlockwise, but it's highly subjective of course.
Could be I should have had two glasses of wine less.