Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #1

Sigma DC (crop) lenses on K-1 II

Hello everyone,

I want to replace my K-5 II for the K-1 II. However, I have some Sigma's that were not designed for a FF sensor.
These are:
18-200 f3,5-6,3 DC contemporary,
17-50 f2,8 DC EX HSM,
10-20 f4-5,5 DC.
I wonder how these lenses, that perform well on my K-5 II, perform on the K-1 II.
I trust there is enough knowledge on this forum to give me tips and tricks on this issue.
My other Sigma's are DG's, they were designed for use on a FF sensor.

I look forward for the replys,

Greetings from Holland,

Hans van Beusekom.

06-12-2019, 02:14 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to this thread, the 18-200mm covers APS-C only (this is hardly unexpected), but the 10-20mm does cover FF, with some vignetting, at and above 14mm.

As for the 17-50mm, it's the same boat, though it covers more of the frame at longer zoom settings.

In a practical setting, you may be able to use the 10-20mm for wide-angle shots as long as you can settle for a little bit of vignetting. You'll want to get a full frame compatible walkaround lens to replace the other two (the Pentax D FA 28-105mm would be a great candidate).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-12-2019, 03:10 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
All these lenses will, of course, work fine in crop mode on the K-1 II, even better than on K-5 II.

K-1 II gives you lots of instant 'one-click' flexibility to find what works best with any particular scene and any particular crop lens.