Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
Forum Member

Lightroom Tethered To K1MII Issue

I haven't used tether since December when I bought a new computer, so I hadn't downloaded the plugin. Just downloaded and installed it today, and having a problem. When tethered, to the K1MII, everything works fine, except when I take a shot, a few seconds later the image appears, in the Lr window, then a few seconds later another exact same copy with the next shot sequence number appears. Both images are dngs, both images have the exact same file size and both images have the exact same time stamp. I don't have auto import enabled. Only one Raw file shows on my card.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to stop this from duplicating, any ideas????????? I saw on Adobe forums that this was an unresolved problem with some Canon models. Could this also be the case with Pentax?

06-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
No one???????
06-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You haven't got your camera set to save to both cards do you?
06-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Nope.

But I do have an update. After 2 hours online today with tech support for Adobe, they tried their best, but it appears that the problem is in the Plugin supplied by Pentax. Call into Pentax support, for another problem so, I guess I'll ask about this one as well.

06-18-2019, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #5

I too just started having this issue. Very strange.

The K-1 is a marvelous studio camera considering Pixel Shift. I wish tethering wasn't such an afterthought for them.
06-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sperdynamite Quote
I too just started having this issue. Very strange.
Hhmmm, now I'm starting to wonder if something in the last update to Lightroom, affected the Pentax plugin, because I was also using it late last year with no issues.
06-21-2019, 08:53 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
UPDATE:

I've been talking with Pentax Support back and forth on the problem. The tech was able to duplicate the problem, so that's good. However, he was only able to make the Lr plug in work AFTER he downloaded and installed "PENTAX Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® via IMAGE Transmitter 2" However, according to their website (and have verified with another tech) this is only available if you have updated IMAGE Transmitter 2, AND you can only update IMAGE Transmitter 2 if you have the original already loaded. The original is no longer available except by paying $199 through a third party provider. So for now, they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. As it stands it appears the Lr Plugin no longer works correctly after the latest Lr updates. Will update more as it becomes available.
06-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
UPDATE:

I've been talking with Pentax Support back and forth on the problem. The tech was able to duplicate the problem, so that's good. However, he was only able to make the Lr plug in work AFTER he downloaded and installed "PENTAX Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® via IMAGE Transmitter 2" However, according to their website (and have verified with another tech) this is only available if you have updated IMAGE Transmitter 2, AND you can only update IMAGE Transmitter 2 if you have the original already loaded. The original is no longer available except by paying $199 through a third party provider. So for now, they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. As it stands it appears the Lr Plugin no longer works correctly after the latest Lr updates. Will update more as it becomes available.
Thanks from all of us for being dogged in chasing this down. So far, I have not had the time options to shoot tethered, but that may change soon, and I hope Pentax gets on this quick.

I do love my Pentax gear, truly. I don't love some of these missing bits of support for pro (or advanced enthusiast!) usages.

06-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Problem solved, and I'm embarrassed to say it was user error. The K1MII offers 3 options for saving to the two onboard SD cards. Sequential, Both, and Raw +JPEG. In my defense the manual is a little unclear about the second option. In the second option it actually writes two identical DNG files one to each card. I rarely use the second card, so I never check it. Adding to the confusion, in sequential mode (1st option) it will automatically "pick" the last slot you had a card in and turned the camera on, as the card it uses first. So for example if you don't have a card in slot one and you turn on the camera with a card in slot two, slot two is now the default 1st choice, and the arrow next to the memory card reflects that. If you pick the second option it puts arrows by each card, so I erroneously assumed it was now sequential on both cards. The only way to force it to change the default in sequential mode is by removing the card from the second slot, putting one in the first slot and turn the camera on an off, now slot one will be the default even if you put another card in slot 2 and will automatically rollover to slot 2 when the first card is full.

In any case Lr is tethered and working as it should now.