Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 90
Problem With Firmware Update on K1MII

I'm trying to update the firmware on my K1Mii from Ver. 1.02 to 1.03. I've downloaded it multiple times, saved it to different SD cards, but every time it gets to loading and kicks out with this message "Unable to update firmware. There is a problem with firmware update file.

Is there a problem with the firmware?????? Or suggestions???????????

06-17-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,297
Did you unzip the file you downloaded? That will yield a .bin file which you put in the root directory of the card.
06-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pschlute's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,063
QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
I'm trying to update the firmware on my K1Mii from Ver. 1.02 to 1.03. I've downloaded it multiple times, saved it to different SD cards, but every time it gets to loading and kicks out with this message "Unable to update firmware. There is a problem with firmware update file.

Is there a problem with the firmware?????? Or suggestions???????????
Have you unzipped it ?
06-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 11,262
As others have said, make sure you unzip the file. The unzipped folder will have the firmware update as well as a readme.
Put the firmware update into the root directory of a clean card, insert it into the correct slot, I believe it's slot #1, and follow the instructions for updating.
That should do it for you.

06-17-2019, 04:46 PM   #5
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 90
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
As others have said, make sure you unzip the file. The unzipped folder will have the firmware update as well as a readme.
Put the firmware update into the root directory of a clean card, insert it into the correct slot, I believe it's slot #1, and follow the instructions for updating.
That should do it for you.

Hmmm, I unzipped the file but there was no readme.txt file???? Just the fwdc240b.bin file, 18MB

---------- Post added 06-17-19 at 04:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
you put in the root directory of the card
Yes I did
06-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #6
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,942
QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
Hmmm, I unzipped the file but there was no readme.txt file???? Just the fwdc240b.bin file, 18MB

---------- Post added 06-17-19 at 04:47 PM ----------



Yes I did
Can you check - Is the bin file fwdc240b.bin 18,438 KB?
06-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 11,262
QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
Hmmm, I unzipped the file but there was no readme.txt file???? Just the fwdc240b.bin file, 18MB

---------- Post added 06-17-19 at 04:47 PM ----------



Yes I did
Ok, they might be leaving out the text file, the file fwdc240b.bin is the update.
06-17-2019, 05:15 PM   #8
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 90
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
an you check - Is the bin file fwdc240b.bin 18,438 KB?
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
he file fwdc240b.bin is the update.
See attachment

Attached Images
 
06-17-2019, 05:23 PM   #9
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,942
QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
See attachment
Yup, I get the exact same file size as you. I can't fathom why that bin file should not work.
Attached Images
 
06-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #10
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 90
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I can't fathom why that bin file should not work.
It almost acts like there might be corruption in the file, but I've downloaded it three times, and put it on three different cards.
06-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #11
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,942
QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
It almost acts like there might be corruption in the file, but I've downloaded it three times, and put it on three different cards.
Yes, seems odd. I've downloaded it twice and get the same file size both times. I've not tried installing it to the K-1II yet. I may hold off.
06-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #12
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 90
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
to the K-1II yet. I may hold off.
You only go through life once LOL Does the file size match mine?

Wait a minute. they both have the same created date, but mine says "modified" today's date, and yours says "modified" on the creation date. Mine says "accessed" on the creation date, and yours says "accessed" on today's date???? That has me confused.
06-17-2019, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #13
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,942
QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
You only go through life once LOL
Yes, but I only have one K-1II.

QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
Does the file size match mine?
Perfectly.

QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
Wait a minute. they both have the same created date, but mine says "modified" today's date, and yours says "modified" on the creation date. Mine says "accessed" on the creation date, and yours says "accessed" on today's date???? That has me confused.
Yup, I noticed that too. It hurt my head so I went to look at other threads instead.
06-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #14
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 90
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Yup, I noticed that too. It hurt my head so I went to look at other threads instead.
Okay think it's has to do with a security feature, the little block at the bottom has to be checked to Unblock the file before you extract it. When I checked the box then extracted, all the dates remain the same as the creation date. Not going to mess with anymore tonight, but might try it tomorrow?
06-17-2019, 06:16 PM   #15
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,942
QuoteOriginally posted by Smoke665 Quote
Okay think it's has to do with a security feature, the little block at the bottom has to be checked to Unblock the file before you extract it. When I checked the box then extracted, all the dates remain the same as the creation date. Not going to mess with anymore tonight, but might try it tomorrow?
Let us know how you get on.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
card, directory, dslr, file, firmware, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k1, pentax k-1, root, slot
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lightroom Tethered To K1MII Issue Smoke665 Pentax K-1 8 06-25-2019 02:15 PM
Problem with Pentax Q firmware update slowgo Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 2 10-24-2018 12:09 PM
K70 firmware update 1.1.0,DCU update 5.6.1 OoKU Pentax News and Rumors 4 09-07-2016 02:19 AM
autofocus problem with DA*300 after firmware 1.06 update for K30 channeler Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 8 09-06-2015 09:39 AM
K5II V1.05 Firmware Update Problem moparjer Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 09-18-2013 01:11 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top