Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Take a deep breath, go for a walk, and try to get out of the hot pixel loophole .
Beside, sensor cleaning and pixel mapping at two different things.
Sensor cleaning is meant to remove dust that happened to fall on sensor external surface.
Pixel mapping activate a self test mode of the sensor to check proper operation of each pixel, eventually detects hot pixels and remove than from the raw image data.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 07-10-2019 at 02:43 AM.
07-10-2019, 03:16 AM   #17
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
done pixel mapping. turned on "Slow shutter speed NR" (I guess in other brands this is called Long exposure noise reduction). removed some hot pixels. but in long exposures, say 4 seconds and 3200 ISO, there are still some of them but in random places, some shots doesn't have them at all... So there's no other way to completely eliminate this in long exposures I guess. I wonder how astro photographers suffer if this is normal.
07-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you shoot raw and post-process your photos then any recent raw development program should be able to remove hot pixels. Some programs do it automatically. If you are a jpeg-only shooter, then you are stuck with the in-camera long exposure noise reduction.
07-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #19
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Guys, one more thing, I think this is important, does your bayonet on K1 clicks when mounting lens? I feel and hear high pitch clicking sound on K3 but there is nothing on K1, but it holds the lens in place. Well I guess....

07-12-2019, 09:35 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
Guys, one more thing, I think this is important, does your bayonet on K1 clicks when mounting lens? I feel and hear high pitch clicking sound on K3 but there is nothing on K1, but it holds the lens in place. Well I guess....
No funny clicks with mine.
07-12-2019, 09:56 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
My Pentax K mount cameras make a sound when they are put on the camera. Sound seems to vary depending on which body and lens combo. It's the sound of the spring loaded pin striking the bottom of the alignment hole in the lense's mount. On some set ups it's a high pitch sound and others a lower pitch thunk. Just tried my K-1 with Pentax 77 and it is a lower pitch and quieter thunk. As long as the lens contacts and levers are aligned properly and the lens iis locking on - you are good to go. Enjoy the camera.
thanks,
barondla
07-13-2019, 02:36 AM - 1 Like   #22
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
it is a lower pitch and quieter thunk
Exactly that way yes. Thank you so much I feel better now

Thanks guys!