Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-27-2019, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeStnly Quote
I wonder if I should buy a K-1ii now or wait. Low stock because of a new model, is it possible? The K-1 has been out for several years now without a new model. I see some stock in Canada, but not a lot.
Quite unlikely I would think. I would consider it more likely that there will be a new APS-C model before there's a new FF model.

07-27-2019, 06:58 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beachboy2 Quote
I did post this thread in "News and Rumours" looking for some explanation!
Yes, but as it's speculation, and not news or rumour, I moved it here.
07-28-2019, 02:44 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by officiousbystander Quote
These people tend to get overlooked. They usually keep a range of Pentax gear in the showroom which is becoming a rarity. They should be supported.
https://www.camera-warehouse.com.au/
I’ve bought several things from them, over the years. I agree they are good supporters of Pentax products.

QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
Distributor seems to be undercutting Camera Warehouse by a fair margin, at least on the KP. I'm guessing this is part of the reason why we don't see Pentax in stores. If, for example, I'm faced with the choice of paying $1,539 vs $999 for a KP body, I'll take the $999 option every time. There are still plenty of people around who never shop online though.
I’ve also bought direct from CRK, but always taking advantage of the discounts that occasionally occur through their eBay site, mostly, I think, in conjunction with a general eBay program, rather than something of their own volition.
07-28-2019, 04:04 PM - 2 Likes   #34

I also like to support a bricks and mortar store and have been using Camera Electronic | Sales Repairs Rental | Video Digital Photography . There prices are fine and they stock an enormous range of gear. I've bought 645z & K1 plus lenses from them in the past straight off the shelf and they are quite supportive of Pentax, keeping lenses in stock even 645 lenses like the 300mm. They even had an info night with a CRK rep when the K1 was released. I see that they also have the K1 on backorder though. I suspect CRK is just waiting for a new shipment of stock to come in that's all.

I've always wondered if local camera stores often don't stock Pentax gear because CRK sell direct to the public or whether CRK sell direct because local camera stores don't stock....

07-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gyroscope Quote
I've always wondered if local camera stores often don't stock Pentax gear because CRK sell direct to the public or whether CRK sell direct because local camera stores don't stock....
Bit ugly, isn't it? Importer says they're forced to sell to the public through the backdoor because the stores won't buy and display the product on shelves, the stores point the finger back the other way and say they're being undercut by the distributor, who is now a business rival rather than partner.

CRK btw are the Aussie importers of not just Pentax, but Sigma, Leica, Vanguard, etc.
07-28-2019, 10:36 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gyroscope Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Bit ugly, isn't it? Importer says they're forced to sell to the public through the backdoor because the stores won't buy and display the product on shelves, the stores point the finger back the other way and say they're being undercut by the distributor, who is now a business rival rather than partner.
If I remember correctly, CRK announced they would pull their heads in on that score a while ago, because of just that problem. My observation has been that, of late, their discounts have mainly been through their eBay store, but I did buy my DFA*50/1.4 from them directly, at a healthy discount. If they supported their resellers to promote similar prices when they discount, then there’d be no issue.
07-28-2019, 11:43 PM   #37
Pentaxian

They sell Tokina too...the Tokina developed 50mm for CaNik looks good value!

07-29-2019, 07:08 AM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
They sell Tokina too...the Tokina developed 50mm for CaNik looks good value!
What are you talking about?

That's the Pentax.

07-29-2019, 08:18 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
What are you talking about?

That's the Pentax.
Well he had to get his little Jab at Pentax in.
07-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Well he had to get his little Jab at Pentax in.
Where?...I see a well reviewed lens(similar to another) developed by TOKINA.Available for 60% of the other one.Pretty good value in my mind.
07-29-2019, 11:54 PM   #41
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Where?...I see a well reviewed lens(similar to another) developed by TOKINA.Available for 60% of the other one.Pretty good value in my mind.
If you mean the Tokina Opera, it's actually the Pentax DFA*, that's why.

07-30-2019, 12:08 AM - 2 Likes   #42

Original Poster
I'm happy. K1 mark 2 delivered today. Ordered and paid for on June 21. Slippage in date of availability a few times. Yesterday my online account still showed "on back order". Today I got a message from courier that parcel up for delivery today. Half expecting a carton of wine but no it was K1ii. Online account showed just today an upgrade to "shipped". A Sigma 28-70 EX DG is mounted at the moment. Haven't looked at a manual but menus etc all very Pentax and fairly intuitive.

Last edited by beachboy2; 07-30-2019 at 12:23 AM. Reason: blip
07-30-2019, 12:16 AM   #43
Pentaxian

I'm happy. K1 mark 2 delivered today. Ordered and paid for on June 21. Slippage in date of availability a few times. Yesterday my online account still showed "on back order". Today I got a message from courier that parcel up for delivery today. Half expecting a carton of wine but no it was K5ii. Online account showed just today an upgrade to "shipped". A Sigma 28-70 EX DG is mounted at the moment. Haven't looked at a manual but menus etc all very Pentax and fairly intuitive.
Well, if you were waiting for the K1 ii and what you had delivered was the K5 ii, I think you should return it without delay! Perhaps the shipping just takes a long time in your neck of the woods.
07-30-2019, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #44

Original Poster
So much excitement. Definitely a FF Pentax.
07-30-2019, 02:50 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So much excitement. Definitely a FF Pentax.
Enjoy!