Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2019, 06:42 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I believe Pixel Shift uses electronic shutter.

08-10-2019, 07:12 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Except for the shutter wearing out after a few 10 or 100 thousand actuations
As Mikesul says, the K-1 is equipped with an electronic shutter and this is used for pixel shift.
08-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Except for the shutter wearing out after a few 10 or 100 thousand actuations
Most cameras are sold or dumped before even making it the half of their shutter count durability.
08-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Best thing on tripod is to choose pixel shift with motion correction for most situations. It is pretty easy to set using the the info screen. Click on the pixel shift icon then choose motion correction on. Typically I use a remote or 2 second delay when shooting in these situations.

I would start with jpegs and if you feel comfortable with it, you can try with RAW down the road (DCU or Raw Therapee work pretty well).

Hope that helps.
OK, I may as well start with jpeg. How do I process it?

08-20-2019, 02:14 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
OK, I may as well start with jpeg. How do I process it?
You don't need to. Just turn motion correction on, choose the jpeg setting you like -- say Natural or bright with a bump in sharpness and fine sharpness. I don't shoot jpegs much, but that is what I would probably start with. You'll be surprised at how good the results are.
08-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
You don't need to. Just turn motion correction on, choose the jpeg setting you like -- say Natural or bright with a bump in sharpness and fine sharpness. I don't shoot jpegs much, but that is what I would probably start with. You'll be surprised at how good the results are.
Thank you so much. I do want to try that! It might be better than my post processing skills.
08-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Vincent, so if I want to shoot pixel shift jpegs, then I can do that handheld, can't I?

08-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
Vincent, so if I want to shoot pixel shift jpegs, then I can do that handheld, can't I?
If you are going to do that, use the "image stabilization on" setting. That is the only one that is OK with handheld pixel shift. Just be warned that it typically takes 30-ish seconds to process each handheld pixel shift image.
08-23-2019, 06:03 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
If you are going to do that, use the "image stabilization on" setting. That is the only one that is OK with handheld pixel shift. Just be warned that it typically takes 30-ish seconds to process each handheld pixel shift image.
Thank you very much.
08-23-2019, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Handheld pixel shift jpeg. I'm rather impressed. D FA 15-30. Trees in my front yard.

Last edited by TerryL; 10-18-2019 at 06:28 PM.