Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2019, 04:11 AM - 4 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New K1 ii User

Hi All,

I said G'day in the introduction forum and thanks for having me here. I've received my K1 ii (second hand) but to be honest, it was like opening a new box and the camera is in perfect condition. I also added a new Pentax D FA 28 - 105 as an all-rounder lens and I made the decision after reading mostly positive things here about it. it's impressed me so far

I also have a sigma 70 - 200 f2,8 APO EX lens, this lens has been in my kit for such a long time, I wasn't sure how it would go in the K1 but I was happy to see it was mostly fine , AF works fine and attached to an old Tamron 2x teleconverter it does quite well. BUT, damn its heavy on the camera when handheld

Here are a few photos from the first couple of days, walking around close to home. first 3 are with the new DFA 28 - 105 and the moon with the Sigma lens and teleconverter, all have been put through lightroom.

*A good Macro lens is on the shopping list.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Last edited by MotoRider; 08-21-2019 at 01:30 AM.
08-09-2019, 07:20 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MotoRider Quote
Hi All,

I said G'day in the introduction forum and thanks for having me here. I've received my K1 ii (second hand) but to be honest, it was like opening a new box and the camera is in perfect condition. I also added a new Pentax D FA 28 - 105 as an all-rounder lens and I made the decision after reading mostly positive things here about it. it's impressed me so far

I also have a sigma 70 - 200 f2,8 APO EX lens, this lens has been in my kit for such a long time, I wasn't sure how it would go in the K1 but I was happy to see it was mostly fine , AF works fine and attached to an old Tameron 2x teleconverter it does quite well. BUT, damn its heavy on the camera when handheld

Here are a few photos from the first couple of days, walking around close to home. first 3 are with the new DFA 28 - 105 and the moon with the Sigma lens and teleconverter, all have been put through lightroom.

*A good Macro lens is on the shopping list.

Welcome to the forums and the K-1 II. Excellent images. You're doing great with the new camera. What Pentax model did you use before this? This is a great camera for macro photography. Any idea which macro you'll go with?

Thanks,
barondla
08-09-2019, 01:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love my K-1 II.
08-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice photos from the get go!

You have a nice setup now. I really like my DFA 28-105, as its a very useful and capable lens for sure. I now also have the 3 amigos, which I love, and was surprised by how much I use the FA43 on the K-1 - for me at least its a near perfect general purpose focal length (would be a great candidate for RIcoh to release an updated version of).

Enjoy!

08-09-2019, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
What Pentax model did you use before this? This is a great camera for macro photography. Any idea which macro you'll go with?
Hey thanks

i still have an old film Pentax and also an "ist D" which was the last camera I have bought prior to the K1 ii

As far as a Macro lens I think the Pentax 100mm might be a good option, I've seen some good results in this forum from that lense, but i see good results from all lenses, I think the 100mm will suit me

QuoteQuote:
kiwi_jono> I now also have the 3 amigos, which I love, and was surprised by how much I use the FA43 on the K-1
I'm also in the market for a prime for mostly landscape, I can't make up my mind for which one to buy.
08-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MotoRider Quote
Hey thanks

i still have an old film Pentax and also an "ist D" which was the last camera I have bought prior to the K1 ii

As far as a Macro lens I think the Pentax 100mm might be a good option, I've seen some good results in this forum from that lense, but i see good results from all lenses, I think the 100mm will suit me

I'm also in the market for a prime for mostly landscape, I can't make up my mind for which one to buy.
Going from a D to K-1 II Wowsers what a huge leap. Enjoy the new camera.

I have the Pentax DFA 100 macro (orig non water proof model). A very good lens. Really tough to buy a bad macro lens.
Thanks,
barondla
08-10-2019, 02:09 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm enjoying my new K1ii. The K5iis is no slouch and will be backup camera still. The FF has obvious greater dynamic range. Enjoying the moveable LCD screen. Miss the flip up flash and larger top lcd. Like the mode switch with crop changing etc. Two SD cards is handy but not essential for me.
A favourite lens the Sigma 17-50 F2.8 EX HSM will live on the K5. I've rediscovered my FF Sigma 28-70 EX DL. It's very sharp especially wide open. My RMC Tokina 17 didn't get much of a go on the K5 but is my preferred wide angle now. The Bigma and Sigma 70-200 F2.8 HSM Macro II both work well.Even the 1.7X Pentax F works.
I have way too many lenses,so will take me a while to rediscover other gems. Glad I've taken the leap.
08-10-2019, 04:28 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nice.. I couldn't ask for more so far with the k1 ii, like I've been told it's a big step for me as far as what the camera can do and the bigger and better sensor.. I haven't put the camera down yet.. Ok maybe for a bit o fb time to look at lenses for sale and a bit in lightroom. Its a good camera indeed, we are going to get on well together