Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2019, 05:09 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

autofocus setting question K-1ii

Hi-

I'll do my best to describe what's happening...

I have a K-1ii. Normally I have AF set to auto, in the center (9 middle squares). When it's set to this, I keep bumping the arrow buttons on the camera body, thus moving the AF left/right/up/down.

The only way I have found to avoid this is to set AF to Auto, but with all of the squares highlighted- on this setting, the arrows switch to something else.

Is there a way to set AF to auto in the center, which I prefer, but disable the arrow keys from moving the focus point unless I push something other than the arrow to move it?

Does it make sense what I'm asking?

Thanks.

09-25-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, it does make sense. On the rear of your camera, you'll see a button that functions as follows:

If you don't have it set to AF point change mode, you should not experience this problem.
Attached Images

09-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Press the button immediately above the 4-way controller.
09-26-2019, 01:34 AM   #4

Though if you're changing the AF position you'll also be bumping the WB and other buttons.

You can use the Spot autofocus mode which sets the focus point to the central focus point only.

This is in the manual, page 52