Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
09-27-2019, 10:57 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Getting a K1ii

Hi everyone ! ! ! !

Great news ! I am jumping on the K1ii wagon ! ! !

My question is this : should I wait till the beginning of October to see what kind of deals Pentax will be offering ?

Sometimes, they give a battery or a battery grip or whatever. At the moment, in Canada, all we have is 100$ discount with the kit lens.

I never really looked closely at those specials and I do not know if they occur monthly or bi-monthly or other.

Does anyone have a history of what deals were offered in the past few years ?

I just wat to know your opinion if I should wait till October to order it.

My dealer says he suspects that the regular price will come back but with a free battery grip.

Opinions welcome
Thanks
Gary
PS: is this the right thread ?

Last edited by devouges; 09-27-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Asked extra question
09-27-2019, 11:06 AM   #2

Wait till "Black Friday" if you can
09-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Typically you will see big discounts at places like B&H around our Thanksgiving/cyber Monday etc. Not sure how you are in Canada buying from them, but I'd hold out until late November if you can buy from them (B&H or Adorama) easily.
09-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by devouges Quote
Hi everyone ! ! ! !

Great news ! I am jumping on the K1ii wagon ! ! !

My question is this : should I wait till the beginning of October to see what kind of deals Pentax will be offering ?

Sometimes, they give a battery or a battery grip or whatever. At the moment, in Canada, all we have is 100$ discount with the kit lens.

I never really looked closely at those specials and I do not know if they occur monthly or bi-monthly or other.

Does anyone have a history of what deals were offered in the past few years ?

I just wat to know your opinion if I should wait till October to order it.

My dealer says he suspects that the regular price will come back but with a free battery grip.

Opinions welcome
Thanks
Gary
PS: is this the right thread ?
This forum is for announcements and product rumors, so I'll have your thread moved to the K-1 forum instead.

Generally substantial deals on flagship bodies are rare. The K-1 II's price has been fairly stable, though there were free grip offers and smaller discounts last holiday season. You can view a history of deals in the deals section of our homepage, or the price watch forum.

You can also view more specific historical price trends in our deal finder: Pentax Camera & Lens Deal Finder

My recommendation would be to get it now if you want it now. Major stores have a price guarantee for 30 days, so if a deal does come along, you can benefit from it retroactively.

For BH and Adorama orders, also be sure to redeem your free forum account upgrade (see my signature).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Your dealer must know if he is saying that.
09-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Thread moved
09-28-2019, 07:23 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Also remember that the website Camelcamelcamel has historical prices for everything on Amazon. I always buy from B&H or Adorama, but if there are deals, Amazon usually has them too, so the price history is still relevant. For the K-1ii with 28-105 the price has been very steady

Attached Images

09-30-2019, 07:25 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Judging by the graph on the K-1ii reviews page the price has been remarkably stable since it was introduced.
09-30-2019, 08:01 PM   #9
Inactive Account

For brand a new gear, If I can, I usually wait until before a big holiday. (in Japan) They usually have discount here and there. I guess everyone do the same. If you want it now, then get it now As people before me said, K1 price doesn’t seem to change much over the years.
09-30-2019, 10:10 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The savings may not be worth the lack of camera. Bought my K-1 a few months ago and don't regret it at all.
Thanks,
barondla
10-01-2019, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks everyone..... free battery grip it is ! Starting oct 1, today...…

Can't wait to have it in hand.
10-01-2019, 05:30 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

In Canada, a 100$ rebate including the kit lens is a pretty nice deal. It's a risk worth taking. You'll be able to take pictures faster if you order now