That B&W picture is a real wall hanger.
Thank you Terry.

10-22-2019, 10:03 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Congratulations, Barondla, on your new 43. It is a nice one. I wanted it but you just beat me to it
Thanks. Was a little worried about this 43 being miv but the images are looking nice and my 31 & 77 mij are accepting it into the group nicely.

Sorry if I grabbed the one you were looking at. There will be more 43 available. Just found another, but it is manual focus only.

Thanks,
barondla
10-23-2019, 05:17 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Thanks. Was a little worried about this 43 being miv but the images are looking nice and my 31 & 77 mij are accepting it into the group nicely.

Sorry if I grabbed the one you were looking at. There will be more 43 available. Just found another, but it is manual focus only.

Thanks,
barondla
I am glad you are happy with it. I am in no rush. Nice to know the other Amigos are accepting it
10-23-2019, 09:55 AM - 1 Like   #34
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote

Thanks,
barondla
Manual focus only? Is it broken?

10-23-2019, 10:00 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
Manual focus only? Is it broken?
Apparently something in the af mechanics is broken. Haven't seen the lens, just the listing. But, if someone doesn't mind manually focusing it is very well priced.

Thanks,
barondla
10-26-2019, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

The 77/1.8 and 31/1.8 are great at any aperture.

The 43/1.9, however, is two lenses in one. Near wide open, it produces a bit "funky" rendering and when stopped down a bit, it becomes razor sharp.

I tend to go for the more "boring" rendering more often than not so usually don't shoot wider than f/2.8.
It's just a matter of what suits the subject, though.
10-26-2019, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The 77/1.8 and 31/1.8 are great at any aperture.

The 43/1.9, however, is two lenses in one. Near wide open, it produces a bit "funky" rendering and when stopped down a bit, it becomes razor sharp.

I tend to go for the more "boring" rendering more often than not so usually don't shoot wider than f/2.8.
It's just a matter of what suits the subject, though.
The 43's split personality makes it interesting, but harder to learn. Just started working on it.
Thanks,
barondla