Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Pentax K-1 + samyang 24 TS lens question.

Just bought myself the Samyang 24 TS lens because I need it. I would like to use it in combination with Pixel Shift.
I hope some more experienced shooters of this combination can help me out.
The problem is when I use shift I can not reach Pixel Shift in the Info menu.
I used PS in the past with the 28 Pentax shift lens.
I could take a few PS images using shift but after that PS was no longer on and when I tried to reach it in the info menu it
was skipped as if it was not here. The icon is still there but it is skipped when I scroll through the menu.
Do I have to do it in a certain order like for instance before shifting?
When the lens is not shifted I can put it on AV. As soon I shift I have to put it on M. Does that have something to do with it?
M mode by it self is not a problem I just use a light meter.

11-20-2019, 02:50 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I own both, and have not had this issue. The fact that the icon is disabled at times for you makes me wonder if it is one of the other modes with which PS is incompatible, as per page 107 in the user manual. Then somehow when you switch into M mode you are enabling this incompatible mode. Obviously that is just a guess.

Some of the incompatible functions are:

AA filter simulator
Flash
Continuous shooting
Bracketing
Mulit-exposure
Interval shooting
11-21-2019, 05:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
I own both, and have not had this issue. The fact that the icon is disabled at times for you makes me wonder if it is one of the other modes with which PS is incompatible, as per page 107 in the user manual. Then somehow when you switch into M mode you are enabling this incompatible mode. Obviously that is just a guess.

Some of the incompatible functions are:

AA filter simulator
Flash
Continuous shooting
Bracketing
Mulit-exposure
Interval shooting
Thank you!

It seems to work now, also in M mode but why I don't know
11-25-2019, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

I use Samyang 24mm T/S with K-1. It might have something to do with light metering as liveview metering is only way to meter correctly with any shifted lens on modern camera. Samyang 24mm if fully mechanical without aperture coupling and AE metering does not work for starters. This is where Pentax liveview experience is a bit hit or a miss compared to most MILC options. It should be fixed to simulate exposure with whatever light reaches the sensor regardless the used mechanical aperture. Sony, Fuji, Olympus and Panasonic for example are able to do that. Green button metering is not enough and does not allow histogram in M-Mode anyway without aperture coupling.