Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-11-2020, 01:38 PM   #31
Forum Member

The D-FA 100/2.8 (WR) Macro is able to reproduce at 1:1.

If the slide is closer (so you cannot set the focus correct) the reproduction scale won't match!

Last edited by Austro-Diesel; 01-11-2020 at 01:44 PM.
01-11-2020, 09:37 PM   #32

Original Poster
I will have to add an extension tube to the front of the lens to get the focus correct. The Nikon ES-1 was designed for a 55 or 60mm Micro Nikkor.
How are you able to obtain correct focus?
01-12-2020, 12:43 AM   #33
Forum Member

Using my old enlarger stand the camera is fixed at the projectors mount and the light table lies on the foot plate of the stand. Between the lens and the light table is nothing. The distance from the front lens to the slide on the light table is about a hand's breadth.

Maybe you can extend the Nikon slide mount with a Heliopan lens hood, cylindric metal tubes in different diameters and lengths with threads on both ends.

I owned a D-FA 100/2.8 Macro and switched years ago to the WR version. I do not think that it is a very good idea to mount loads at the moving front tube of the D-FA 100/2.9 Macro (WR), on both lenses it's made of plastic and the machanism feels not as rigid as needed.

Last edited by Austro-Diesel; 01-12-2020 at 12:52 AM.
01-12-2020, 11:04 AM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Austro-Diesel Quote
Using my old enlarger stand the camera is fixed at the projectors mount and the light table lies on the foot plate of the stand. Between the lens and the light table is nothing. The distance from the front lens to the slide on the light table is about a hand's breadth.

Maybe you can extend the Nikon slide mount with a Heliopan lens hood, cylindric metal tubes in different diameters and lengths with threads on both ends.

I owned a D-FA 100/2.8 Macro and switched years ago to the WR version. I do not think that it is a very good idea to mount loads at the moving front tube of the D-FA 100/2.9 Macro (WR), on both lenses it's made of plastic and the machanism feels not as rigid as needed.
You are correct. I checked the tube the optics are mounted in on the D-FA 100/2.8 Macro (WR). Very disappointing - cheap plastic! It is very strange that the external lens is metal and the tube is so poorly constructed. I guess it would cost another $5 to put the optics in a metal tube. At least the inside of the 60mm Micro-Nikkor is metal and the filter thread is also metal.
The only other thing I could do is buy the correct adapters to mount the lens to a bellows. I have a Nikon PB-6 bellows and a Contax RTS bellows and slide adapter that could be adapted (I hope). I have not been able to find an adapter to mount the D-FA 100/2.8 Macro (WR) on the Contax Bellows.
I searched all over eBay and they don't seem to exist.
I could purchase the Nikon Slide Mount Adapter for the Nikon PB-6 bellows, but they only seem to be available used in Japan for about $100 plus shipping.

Any ideas? Thanks!

01-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #35
Forum Member

When I used to shoots slides, I always viewed them on a lightbox. So I'm reading through this thread and wondering if I could simply lay a slide on the lightbox and take an exposure with the K1 II. So I mounted the camera, with the DFA 100mm F2.8 Macro on a tripod and took this shot. This is from a medium format slide, for 35mm I think I might try an extension tube, to save too much cropping. Any comments welcome, also any advice concerning extension tubes, as I've no previous experience with them.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo