Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 48
Shutter skipping and failure.

I've just sent my K-1 01 with less than 65,000 shutter clicks back to precision camera for the 2nd time. They replaced the shutter and drive . When it came back it worked fine for 2 days and did the SAME thing again.
I shoot on High speed continuous and the shutter will SKIP or get stuck open.
Has anyone else had this issue?

01-12-2020, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #2
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 15
I purchased a used K1 Mark II and very randomly I will get a blank viewfinder after a photo. It will resolve itself when I turn the camera off and back on. I then hear it release itself and all is good. I only have 42,000 shutter actuations, and I thought I might have bought someone's lemon. Happy in a way, to hear it's not just my camera. A firmware update may resolve this? But mine is all up to date and I don't know if another update will happen.
01-13-2020, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 64
My MII does the same thing, but it is always the first shot after not using it for a while.. but not always. Like you say. Random.
01-13-2020, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian
MJKoski's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,607
Beware of activating the pixel shift in accident. It will make shutter look like stuck and result in a black screen when exposure times are longer. I have done this too many times unintentionally.

02-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 48
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by neal_grillot Quote
My MII does the same thing, but it is always the first shot after not using it for a while.. but not always. Like you say. Random.
It's making me want to give up on Pentax all together and switch brands!

---------- Post added 02-03-20 at 03:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by outdoorsman Quote
I purchased a used K1 Mark II and very randomly I will get a blank viewfinder after a photo. It will resolve itself when I turn the camera off and back on. I then hear it release itself and all is good. I only have 42,000 shutter actuations, and I thought I might have bought someone's lemon. Happy in a way, to hear it's not just my camera. A firmware update may resolve this? But mine is all up to date and I don't know if another update will happen.
I'm almost sure mine is a lemon!
02-03-2020, 01:35 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 35,883
QuoteOriginally posted by DawnHoweth Quote
Has anyone else had this issue?
Your issue is with Precision. Apparently they did not properly diagnose and repair your camera. Send it back. If this was a warranty repair, perhaps a replacement from Ricoh is in order.


Steve
02-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #7
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 48
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Your issue is with Precision. Apparently they did not properly diagnose and repair your camera. Send it back. If this was a warranty repair, perhaps a replacement from Ricoh is in order.


Steve
Steve, Finally got someone in Sr. Management to help me at Precision. Sent them camera yesterday. We'll see what happens this time. Third time is a charm.
02-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #8
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 15
QuoteOriginally posted by DawnHoweth Quote
Steve, Finally got someone in Sr. Management to help me at Precision. Sent them camera yesterday. We'll see what happens this time. Third time is a charm.
Please keep us posted as Iím about to send mine in as well!

02-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 35,883
QuoteOriginally posted by DawnHoweth Quote
Steve, Finally got someone in Sr. Management to help me at Precision. Sent them camera yesterday. We'll see what happens this time. Third time is a charm.
Yay! I hope this goes well for you!


Steve
02-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #10
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 48
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by outdoorsman Quote
Please keep us posted as Iím about to send mine in as well!
Just got a call and a Service Engineer that is familiar with Pentax found an issue with the Mirror Drive/Motor assembly? They are replacing it and sending it back to me. Fingers crossed.
02-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #11
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 15
QuoteOriginally posted by DawnHoweth Quote
Just got a call and a Service Engineer that is familiar with Pentax found an issue with the Mirror Drive/Motor assembly? They are replacing it and sending it back to me. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to hearing what they say.

---------- Post added 02-06-20 at 03:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by outdoorsman Quote
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to hearing what they say.
Also if you hear what the EXACT fix is, please let us know so we can help other people be led in the same direction
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, full frame, full-frame, k-1, k1, k1 shutter, lemon, mine, pentax k-1, shutter, thanks, update
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The dreaded SDM failure topic - Nikon AF motor failure perspective beholder3 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 21 07-19-2018 10:02 PM
P30T - skipping frames? ChristianRock Pentax Film SLR Discussion 31 06-19-2018 06:00 AM
Survey with shutter count and aperture block or shutter failure. macman24054 Pentax K-30 & K-50 256 12-30-2016 11:47 PM
Video Skipping/Lagging Ptr_Mrtn Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 12 02-23-2014 08:57 PM
Skipping shutter - ME Super ... Jean Poitiers Pentax Film SLR Discussion 6 01-29-2014 09:33 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top