Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2020, 07:52 PM   #1

Pentax k1 dont work correctly with DFA lenses

Hello, if anybody heard, that Pentax k1 dont work correctly with DFA lenses? I have Pentax k1 , DFA 50, DFA 100 (macro), DFA 70-200 - and when i use all three lenses with my Pentax K1, in usual reziim ( throu veivfinder) i get i get lens shift ( which i cant correct with the camera ( in menu +-10 ). But when i use the same lenses in liveviev rezii - everything work correctly.

02-08-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which Firmware version?
02-08-2020, 08:05 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by yrakoshkin Quote
Hello, if anybody heard, that Pentax k1 dont work correctly with DFA lenses? I have Pentax k1 , DFA 50, DFA 100 (macro), DFA 70-200 - and when i use all three lenses with my Pentax K1, in usual reziim ( throu veivfinder) i get i get lens shift ( which i cant correct with the camera ( in menu +-10 ). But when i use the same lenses in liveviev rezii - everything work correctly.
Perhaps because of the diopter setting?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Perhaps because of the diopter setting?
My guess too.

02-08-2020, 11:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a bad tendency to unknowingly adjust the diopter. The first time I did took me several hours to figure out why the image in the viewfinder was out of focus.
02-09-2020, 04:51 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Send the camera to Pentax. They will reset the AF for you free of charge.
02-09-2020, 05:26 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Live view focuses until sharp directly on the sensor. Phase detect AF focus until pdaf module is happy and may need correction for on sensor focus. Live view is no problem that’s why mirrorless cameras do not need correction here. Send camera to Pentax service WITH your lens. They can zero the adjustment and you should be happy.
This will heal sharpness on sensor. If you want perfect sharpness in the viewfinder, you would require shimming of viewfinder for fine adjustment.

02-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #8

If unable to focus to infinity / Or inability to obtain accurate focus within the fine focus adjust range of the camera body:

I had an experience with my new K5 back in 2012 which applied to both my new DA and new Sigma lens that were purchased at the same time. Neither of them were capable of focusing sharply at infinity within the camera fine focus adjust settings between +/-10. After consulting directly with Pentax Service I sent the camera body and Pentax lens to Pentax service for recalibration. This solved the issue.

As a further benefit which may or may not apply in the case of the K1: Ever since then my K5 autofocusing performance has typically been very accurate in regards to focus lock and not hunting (something which was a known challenge for the K5). So whenever this inability to focus sharply to infinity situation arises- in spite of the significant inconvenience of shipping the equipment and not having access to it for a lengthy time... in the end the result can be well worth the frustration of the inconvenience.

Last edited by One3rdEV; 02-09-2020 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Corrected lens line from DFA to DA. Changed opening approach.
02-09-2020, 01:52 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

I am unclear. Is the issue one of the optical viewfinder appearing OOF when PDAF locks or is it one of PDAF not capable of attaining accurate focus?

Steve
02-10-2020, 05:42 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Which Firmware version?
Ver: .51
02-10-2020, 05:51 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

I am unclear. Is the issue one of the optical viewfinder appearing OOF when PDAF locks or is it one of PDAF not capable of attaining accurate focus?

Steve
Hello to everybody, thank you for the answers...
The problem is with autofocus, NOT with the picture wich i see in viewfinder. And it happen with 3 different DFA lenses (100 dfa macro, 50/1,4 DFA (i tried 3 different DFA 50), 70-200/2.8 DFA). And it happen when i trying to autofocusing throw viewfinder.
I agree that better is to send the camera PENTAX SERVICE.
02-10-2020, 05:52 AM   #12

Original Poster
The problem is with autofocus, NOT with the picture wich i see in viewfinder. And it happen with 3 different DFA lenses (100 dfa macro, 50/1,4 DFA (i tried 3 different DFA 50), 70-200/2.8 DFA). And it happen when i trying to autofocusing throw viewfinder.
02-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Send the camera in.
02-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #14

i have the D FA 70-200 no issues.