Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
05-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Thanks baro-nite. Uniform blue sky is good test in daylight at smaller apertures like f/16 or f/22.

05-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, might be a few days before I have uniform blue sky available.
05-27-2020, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Gotta say, that Tak with the vented hood looks sexy on a K1II...
It does indeed! I wasn't sure how the vented hood would suit a DSLR, but I think it fares quite well I have however ordered a good for a wider lens, since it does chop the corners a bit!

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Ooh, that reminds me, I have the original (square) hood for the Tak 24/3.5.
Now that's not fair...

QuoteOriginally posted by DrawsACircle Quote
Be careful, you might end up with a lot of vintage glas - I was so close to aquiring a variant of GAS, VGAS (Vintage Glas Aquisition Syndrom), I was cured after buying some M lenses and a Super Tak 200mm M42 lens for astrophotography
There are quite a few sellers on dba.dk, sometimes you have to buy an old camera as well, but if you can get some great glas it’s a win win situation. But I guess you already know
It's too late my friend.. I've taken quite a few Takumars off the hands of a certain guy in Fredericia who sells some vintage lenses he imports. The GAS is already in full effect!
But it HAS slowed down somewhat, it's just tough with so many great options
05-27-2020, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HDpotato Quote
It's too late my friend.. I've taken quite a few Takumars off the hands of a certain guy in Fredericia who sells some vintage lenses he imports. The GAS is already in full effect!
But it HAS slowed down somewhat, it's just tough with so many great options
I have noticed him, I have not dared to contact him

06-30-2020, 07:37 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I put a canon S focus screen in my K1 a few months ago.... and it went up another level again.... easy to see critical focus with my 50/1.2 etc. Anyway.... have fun.
This is great news! A couple of questions if I may:

Do you have any issues with metering? I noticed an earlier thread where someone said the light metering with an S screen was problematic.

How dark does the viewfinder become when you stop down beyond f4? Is f8/f11 a realistic option?
06-30-2020, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
This is great news! A couple of questions if I may:

Do you have any issues with metering? I noticed an earlier thread where someone said the light metering with an S screen was problematic.

How dark does the viewfinder become when you stop down beyond f4? Is f8/f11 a realistic option?
With the metering.... I'd say it under exposes by about 0.7 to 1 or so of a stop..... I normally shoot at -0.7ev with my K1 anyhow.... I'm a raw shooter so no issues for me. I have it in my silver k1 .... all focus screen overlays off... just a clear bright viewfinder and you can focus by eye anywhere in the viewfinder ... ie no need to focus and reframe shot.... even when using say my 77 or 31 on it I find it easier to just manual focus for the most part.... I added it mostly for my K prime lenses though.

As far as brightness loss in the viewfinder goes..... I really noticed this when I put a S screen years ago in my K5ii.... but not so in the K1.... however... there is some loss.... just doesn't seem to be an issue in the K1 in normal use.... as far as using slow lenses and dark viewfinder goes.... I tried my DFA 150-450 on both cameras back to back around dusk time.... no big difference that seemed to matter.... very happy.

I can't overstate just how much it improved my enjoyment of my manual shooting.... stopped me pondering a Leica M10.

Last edited by noelpolar; 06-30-2020 at 08:01 PM.
06-30-2020, 10:35 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
With the metering.... I'd say it under exposes by about 0.7 to 1 or so of a stop..... I normally shoot at -0.7ev with my K1 anyhow.... I'm a raw shooter so no issues for me. I have it in my silver k1 .... all focus screen overlays off... just a clear bright viewfinder and you can focus by eye anywhere in the viewfinder ... ie no need to focus and reframe shot.... even when using say my 77 or 31 on it I find it easier to just manual focus for the most part.... I added it mostly for my K prime lenses though.

As far as brightness loss in the viewfinder goes..... I really noticed this when I put a S screen years ago in my K5ii.... but not so in the K1.... however... there is some loss.... just doesn't seem to be an issue in the K1 in normal use.... as far as using slow lenses and dark viewfinder goes.... I tried my DFA 150-450 on both cameras back to back around dusk time.... no big difference that seemed to matter.... very happy.

I can't overstate just how much it improved my enjoyment of my manual shooting.... stopped me pondering a Leica M10.
Thanks, I think you have convinced me!