Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-20-2020, 05:52 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
I agree that Astrotracer is not working on those last M13 images.

---------- Post added 06-20-20 at 04:35 PM ----------

Just another question: did you actually turn on the GPS engine via the small button on the right side of the viewfinder hump? Many people miss this necessary step.
I had it on at one time. But it's possible that I inadvertantly turned it off when fussing with re-calibration. I had noticed that, when I couldn't set the exposure in B mode, the upper lcd reads, in the shutter area, "bu". That is Pentax super-secret code for 'bulb'! So it's possible that that was much of the problelm in the middle of the shoot. But not always - you don't see the little GPS icon when the gps button is off, and I'm pretty sure it was 'mostly' on.

But that doesn't explain why those final shots of Polaris show terrible results with AT on but perfect results in M mode.

06-26-2020, 04:03 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dave - firmware update 1.53 is out, might be worth a try. They are vague about what is fixed. If I get some spare time and a clear night, I'll try to reproduce the issue on my K-1.