Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2020, 03:29 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
It's a known bug caused by GPS corruption. Follow the fix here.
Nope, I don't believe so. GPS is off, always has been, location is not being logged.

Every shot taken during a session, whether 2 or 200, is recorded to its own folder. When I say "session" I mean each time the camera is turned on. Last weekends hike of approximately 7 miles had two folders, but each had well in excess of 100 images, perhaps 400 in total for the day.

Last edited by gatorguy; 07-07-2020 at 03:35 AM.
07-07-2020, 03:50 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah, that’s what I think I’m experiencing too. I’ll be able to confirm later once I’ve used the camera for its real, very dull, work related job!
07-07-2020, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It may have to do with the "composite" images. If I do interval shootings it also creates a new folder for each started interval.
07-07-2020, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks. That does seem to solve it. Nothing I need to do then!

07-07-2020, 10:21 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by osbourne one-nil Quote
Well then let me go back and check the details on my past weekends two folders.Perhaps it is as simple as that. I did shoot a panorama but the camera could not have known that. I don't recall anything else out of the ordinary.
07-07-2020, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Quote
Osbourne one nil, I think the magic word is composite. According to the manual composite pictures are placed in one folder. So each time you start a new composite a new folder is created. It is the same with my K-3II. I compared it to the K-1(II) manual and both give the same information. With single exposures you create for each date a folder and in between taking pictures you can switch the camera off and on and there will be no new folder created.
QuoteOriginally posted by osbourne one-nil Quote
The same is true for both simple interval and interval composite, though with interval composite you have the option of unchecking the box to "Save Process". If checked, that option will save the intermediate step images as well as the full composite. If unchecked, only the composite is saved and no new directory is created.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 07-07-2020 at 12:58 PM.
07-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

So I'm at a loss why there are two folders from Saturday's hike. I know I changed lenses at some point, and it's entirely possible I had tapped the GPS button sometime during the process tho a quick check doesn't show any with location data and I don't believe there were any composites either but that's possible too. A test this afternoon turning on and turning off didn't create a new folder. Perhaps I've confused new folders created when the date changes. I'm older too so there's that, I'm just confused. Period.

Now that I know it shouldn't be doing what I had thought was happening I'll pay close attention. I'll post if anything unusual is factually seen. In the meantime just ignore the old man with a camera.

07-07-2020, 02:35 PM - 1 Like   #23
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
So I'm at a loss why there are two folders from Saturday's hike. I know I changed lenses at some point, and it's entirely possible I had tapped the GPS button sometime during the process tho a quick check doesn't show any with location data and I don't believe there were any composites either but that's possible too. A test this afternoon turning on and turning off didn't create a new folder. Perhaps I've confused new folders created when the date changes. I'm older too so there's that, I'm just confused. Period.

Now that I know it shouldn't be doing what I had thought was happening I'll pay close attention. I'll post if anything unusual is factually seen. In the meantime just ignore the old man with a camera.
Please do not ignore the old man with a camera, it could be me and we are a dying race...