Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-28-2020, 01:03 PM   #1

expected sales

I've decided I finally want to buy a K-1. I don't keep up on sales and prices. Is the just under $1800 from the 2 big stores high or low or never changing? I'm not in a rush, but I don't want to wait until Black Friday. Anyone think a lower price or sale is on the horizon?

07-28-2020, 01:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That sounds about right for a new one. You might find a gently used one on the PF Marketplace for less.
The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses - PentaxForums.com
07-28-2020, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Bunch Quote
I've decided I finally want to buy a K-1. I don't keep up on sales and prices. Is the just under $1800 from the 2 big stores high or low or never changing? I'm not in a rush, but I don't want to wait until Black Friday. Anyone think a lower price or sale is on the horizon?
The price has been flat for a while. However, there have been free grip offers how and then, with an occasional $100 discount. If you're interested in getting the camera, there's no reason to wait IMO.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-28-2020, 01:21 PM   #4

Original Poster
I have the grip for the K-3. and honestly I rarely use it. I'd pack it on long day trips when I thought I blow through a whole battery, but I prefer the ergonomics without the grip.

07-28-2020, 03:33 PM   #5
Forum Member

If you want to go used, you can get the original K-1 for a little cheaper as well. The differences between mark I and II are relatively minor.
07-28-2020, 05:51 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bunch Quote
The price of the K-1 ii has often changed. For a while, Adorama had a K-1 ii + grip bundle for $1799, dipping to $1699 at one point. I've also seen just the K-1 ii body go to $1599 at Kenmore Camera. There have also been similar bundles with the K-1 ii and DFA 28-105 lens, for around $2000. End of month sales are common, when someone needs to make quota.
07-28-2020, 06:05 PM   #7
Pentaxian

The K-1 II is listed as 1796.95 with a free padded Pentax camera strap at B and H until July 31st. Below is a shortcut to the listing.

Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15994 B&H Photo Video

I have a K-1 II and it is fantastic.

Last edited by C_Jones; 07-28-2020 at 06:43 PM.
07-29-2020, 08:13 PM - 1 Like   #8

Nice to see that it is holding close to its original price. I thought the K-1 was an excellent value when I bought it, and I guess it still is. Like computers, price/performance keeps improving over time. But the K-1 seems to have been enough ahead of the curve to hold its value. Pentax has always been a leader. I have an Asahi Pentax, the first SLR that I bought in Tokyo in 1967. That pioneering camera was an inspiration for a lot of subsequent cameras.

Peter Hollings
08-07-2020, 04:12 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by phollings Quote
Nice to see that it is holding close to its original price. I thought the K-1 was an excellent value when I bought it, and I guess it still is. Like computers, price/performance keeps improving over time. But the K-1 seems to have been enough ahead of the curve to hold its value. Pentax has always been a leader. I have an Asahi Pentax, the first SLR that I bought in Tokyo in 1967. That pioneering camera was an inspiration for a lot of subsequent cameras.

Peter Hollings
I agree completely.

It's a solid camera with excellent image quality. It might not be cutting edge computer power wise, but on the other hand the ergonomics are what other camera companies can only dream of achieving. So overall it's worth the $1800 considering what else is out there and how much other companies think their cameras are worth.