Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2020, 01:40 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K1 is super sharp

Hi.

I have a K1 but generally I shoot with my KP because I prefer it's size and weight.

Anyway, I was doing a studio photo shoot and pulled out the K1 for a change. In this kind of setting I actually don't mind the weight so much and I really appreciated the upgraded viewfinder of the K1 in this setting. I was using the Sigma 85mm HSM so it's a heavy combo but again in this kind of setting the weights not so bad.

Once I started looking at the images in Photoshop I just noticed how incredibly sharp this setup was. Once setup using ISO 100, F4 with the K1 it is almost brutally sharp. I was quite surprised how bitingly sharp it was. This is comparing to the KP, iso 100, F8 with DA* 50-135. The K1 was almost too sharp. Not something I noticed with the KP.

Anyway, it might have persuaded me to use my K1 a bit more now. I still prefer using the KP but it is a nice reminder how good the K1 is. It's interesting to note that a lot of the new mirrorless full frames are only 24Mpx so the K1 still scores well in this regard.

The increase in resolution sure slows down the computer though.

Anyway both are fine camera's in their own different ways.

09-29-2020, 06:03 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K1 and K1mkII are just great cameras. Period.
09-29-2020, 08:18 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you used the 77 Limited, it would save you around 460 grams; which is equal to a pound; and around half the weight of your K-1 camera body. I've never heard anyone complain about the IQ of the 77, either.

Also, sounds like a computer upgrade is in order!
09-29-2020, 08:19 AM   #4
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
maybe you should tweak the sharpness to fine sharpness in the parameters of the finishing tone you use