Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2020, 03:53 AM   #1

Moving focus point in live view

Hi, I've had the K1 since it was released in 2016 and have only used full manual M42 mount lenses on it until two weeks ago.
I got a couple full auto focusing modern lenses for it (28-105 & 24-70) and for the life of me can not figure out how to move the single focusing point in live view? I've been through the manual and the menus several times and am about to pull my hair out as I can not find the settings to allow this. I'm pretty sure I must be over-looking something but need someone to tell me how to do this.
Please help!?

10-27-2020, 04:12 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Push the AF mode button on the camera (when in live view) and use the e-dial to select different modes. Set the mode to Select, then you can use the rear dial or 4-way buttons to pick your point.

Hope that helps
10-27-2020, 04:20 AM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Push the AF mode button on the camera (when in live view) and use the e-dial to select different modes. Set the mode to Select, then you can use the rear dial or 4-way buttons to pick your point.

Hope that helps
I've tried that and it moves the focus point when using the viewfinder but not in liveview....
I also have the AF button being used for back button focusing if that makes a difference.

---------- Post added 10-27-20 at 04:24 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Durf Quote
I've tried that and it moves the focus point when using the viewfinder but not in liveview....
I also have the AF button being used for back button focusing if that makes a difference.
OK, I just figured it out! Thanks
10-27-2020, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have the ks-2 and it drives me crazy because sometimes I can move it and sometimes I can't. It takes a long press of the 4 way button. I think it changes it from zoom view to af. The short press toggles to the 4 way. I went years being frustrated.

10-27-2020, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #5

While in LiveView, press and hold the AF button and select out of five options: Face Detection, Tracking, Multiple Points, Movable Single Point, Fixed Single Point.
The Movable Single Point obviously allows moving the point with the 4 way button.
10-27-2020, 09:50 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Moveable single point is great, but if you haven't used the live view Tracking mode give it a try. It's brilliant! You start with a center focus point. Focus by pushing the trigger or back button and after focus is achieved keep your finger on the button and recompose. The focus point will track whatever you focused on. After recomposing you can release the button, focus again (on the custom-set focus point) and take the shot.