Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
Also, I thought Cameraville gave up promoting Pentax.
They don't...at least not intentionally...

Steve

11-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
They don't...at least not intentionally...

Steve
I haven't seen a ton of his videos, but I have a sneaking suspicion he does. Except only just enough to sneak past the demonitization algorithms, or something to that effect. I saw the one video claiming the demonitization and removed view counts as the reason he stopped promoting Pentax, but I also saw many comments on that video saying this wasn't the first time he did something like this and didn't expect it to last. Oh well.
11-06-2020, 03:10 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Give the fellow a break: he used to concentrate on Pentax, but it wasn’t paying, so he branched out. At least he still includes Pentax gear, and doesn’t overplay the AF differences like some others.

History aside, if you actually watch the video, his photos with the Canon demonstrate an uninspiring low-light colour performance, and he actually shows Canon’s own handbook warnings about overheating. I’d hardly say that adds up to a display of Canon-hating.
11-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I find his opening bit quite annoying, but to give him his due, he is showing us something here and is complimentary to Pentax.

What's the deal, does he buy his own gear to review?

11-06-2020, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
I find his opening bit quite annoying, but to give him his due, he is showing us something here and is complimentary to Pentax.

What's the deal, does he buy his own gear to review?
He does... and not too long ago he announced he was going to stop doing Pentax videos because he couldn't get hold of lenses to review, and his viewers weren't using his affiliate links to buy anything. I'm paraphrasing, but that's essentially what he said, if my memory serves me correctly...

EDIT: I found my last post re his channel:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/137-photographic-industry-professionals/...ml#post4980304

Last edited by BigMackCam; 11-06-2020 at 03:52 PM.
11-06-2020, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
does he buy his own gear to review?
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
He does.
Sometimes he does but he rents things to review mostly.

He has made claims to buying all the gear he reviews,however he conteracts that statement in other places.

I wonder if his middle name is AR?
11-06-2020, 04:53 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lest this turn into another anti-CameraVille-guy discussion, I'll just say that whilst I personally don't watch his YouTube content for reasons I've previously mentioned in other threads, it's nice to see a Pentax product coming out ahead in any comparison, no matter the source. I have nothing against The CameraVille, and wish Li well in his YouTube endeavours, whatever brands he chooses to cover and/or favour. The channel does me no harm, and his followers seem to enjoy his content - so it's all good
11-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think the leaks indicate a K1 III coming out some time next year.

---------- Post added 11-06-20 at 01:20 PM ----------

What?! For real? Where are the leaks, you got me excited now

11-06-2020, 05:48 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveSimo Quote

---------- Post added 11-06-20 at 01:20 PM ----------

What?! For real? Where are the leaks, you got me excited now
Asahiman said K-1 II sequel coming and maybe another camera focused on video...
11-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Give the fellow a break: he used to concentrate on Pentax, but it wasnít paying, so he branched out. At least he still includes Pentax gear, and doesnít overplay the AF differences like some others.
I personally have no strong opinion of him either way because I don't really follow him. I only know of his videos from doing research for my camera purchase. I think anyone giving Pentax its dues is a good thing.
11-06-2020, 08:08 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Asahiman said K-1 II sequel coming and maybe another camera focused on video...
Is this a new statement from the oracle? I think I recall him saying something about video a while back, but Iím not sure about the K-1ii successor.
11-07-2020, 03:30 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Is this a new statement from the oracle? I think I recall him saying something about video a while back, but Iím not sure about the K-1ii successor.
I think I am mixing two things up. Pentax Rumors had something about two new APS-C cameras, one with improved video (a pretty flimsy rumor if you ask me). Ricoh is rumored to be working on another Pentax APS-C DSLR camera - Pentax Rumors

Asahiman said: Two bodies apsc, two bodies in full frame. In this DP Review thread: One for stills, one for video. (2 new cameras?): Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review This of course doesn't say there will be a new full frame body next year, just that the plans are to have two APS-C and two full frame cameras in the line up eventually.
11-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I am mixing two things up. Pentax Rumors had something about two new APS-C cameras, one with improved video (a pretty flimsy rumor if you ask me). Ricoh is rumored to be working on another Pentax APS-C DSLR camera - Pentax Rumors

Asahiman said: Two bodies apsc, two bodies in full frame. In this DP Review thread: One for stills, one for video. (2 new cameras?): Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review This of course doesn't say there will be a new full frame body next year, just that the plans are to have two APS-C and two full frame cameras in the line up eventually.
OK. Thanks for clearing that up. We can start looking forward to the next K-1 iteration after February.