Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 58 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2021, 09:13 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I really wish the "No Card in Camera" would appear prominently upon start up, BEFORE I walked far from my camera bag and tried to capture a once-in-a-lifetime image.
I have a little two card pouch that attaches to the camera strap. It's saved my bacon numerous times. But you can always just move the card to the front slot and disable the rear slot.

01-06-2021, 09:29 AM - 4 Likes   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I do that too, but almost stuck the K-3 back in the bag with the door open one day as I was running out to get that once in a lifetime shot.

Steve
I used to have dangling red flags hanging from the aircraft pitot tube covers to remind me to remove them before flight. Something like that MIGHT get my attention for a missing card on my cameras.
01-06-2021, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Something like that MIGHT get my attention for a missing card on my cameras
Now you're onto something.
01-06-2021, 01:16 PM   #34
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I've found good discipline is the answer. I ALWAYS put back a card in a camera IMMEDIATELY after downloading files from it with my card reader.

02-03-2021, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #35

So funny! Makes me think about the guy who forgets the rings at his wedding...
02-03-2021, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
I don't own a dual slot camera, or a laptop. All of my file transferring is done inside at the desktop computer. When I pull the card, I leave the door on the camera open as a reminder.
I do the same thing. I pull the card and download to my laptop with the camera sitting beside me with the card slot door open and the camera on its side with the card slot door point up. You can't pick up the camera without closing the card slot door, pretty simple reminder to replace the card. Not a lot of over thinking going on.
02-03-2021, 07:45 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
That’s a strangely interesting idea. Could they do it?
Some earlier digital cameras had a small built in memory that you could record a few images on. I think my Panasonic FZ3 had internal memory as well as a card slot.

02-03-2021, 07:56 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I do that too, but almost stuck the K-3 back in the bag with the door open one day as I was running out to get that once in a lifetime shot.

Steve
So you didn't return the card to the slot before you picked up the camera for that once in a lifetime shot???
02-03-2021, 11:36 AM   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
So you didn't return the card to the slot before you picked up the camera for that once in a lifetime shot???
That is the beauty of dual slots...

(I actually did do that and have since taken to putting the camera directly in front of the computer card reader as a reminder.)

Steve
02-13-2021, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #40

My camera sits on the desk with the card slot cover open until I am ready to put cards in again. It NEVER goes into my pack without cards installed. Its not a hard habit to get into.
04-18-2021, 03:36 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I really wish the "No Card in Camera" would appear prominently upon start up, BEFORE I walked far from my camera bag and tried to capture a once-in-a-lifetime image.
I nearly did that last night. The cards were out because I pulled the images. Was going on another trip and nearly forgot to put them back. UGH.