Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2021, 05:33 PM   #16

Original Poster
I have the DA Limited 15 And 21 and FA 31, 43, and 77 lenses. Without digging I believe the 50 is an A.

OK..I'll be honest. Most of my photography revolves around architecture. Mostly old structures. Nature scenes also. I don't see a lot of action type events. Would I benefit much from a full frame? Where can I find out more about the K-3 III ?

Last edited by BlakeShellman; 01-07-2021 at 05:55 PM.
01-07-2021, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BlakeShellman Quote
I have the FA Limited 15, 20, 31, 43, and 77 lenses. Without digging I believe the 50 is an FOK.

I'll be honest. Most of my photography revolves around architecture. Mostly old structures. Nature scenes also. I don't see a lot of action type events. Would I benefit much from a full frame? Where can I find out more about the K-3 III ?
You have superb lenses!

It might be useful to review your earlier discussion on the topic: Should I finally invest in a K-1? - PentaxForums.com

That previous thread didn't have the benefit of much information on the K-3 Mark III. Now, some insight into the new camera may be found at Ricoh Imaging's site: Product stories of new PENTAX K-3 Mark III, APS-C flagship model | RICOH IMAGING

And extended discussions may be found in these threads (these have tended to expand beyond their original themes to cover various subjects):

Pentax K-3 Mark III - First Hands-on - PentaxForums.com

Albert Siegel | K-3 Mark III Hands-On - PentaxForums.com

[New product story on 27 November] Product Stories of New APS-C

This one explores the advantages of the K-3 Mark III over the K-3:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/414516-k-3-mark...er-k-3-ii.html

Would you have any specific questions concerning the camera options? Are you finding that your K-3 is deficient in any areas?

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 01-07-2021 at 06:31 PM.
01-07-2021, 05:55 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the FA Limited 15, 20, 31, 43, and 77 lenses. Without digging I believe the 50 is an F

OK..I'll be honest. Most of my photography revolves around architecture. Mostly old structures. Nature scenes also. I don't see a lot of action type events. Would I benefit much from a full frame? Where can I find out more about the K-3 III ?

Then the K-1II is your go to camera. Here's a quick sample with an A 20mm f/2.8.
01-08-2021, 12:36 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the DA Limited 15 And 21 and FA 31, 43, and 77 lenses. Without digging I believe the 50 is an A.

Oh, I've thought that you have only DA lenses, sorry. In this case I also think K-1 II will be better choice as you have more glass for FF unless you really like your DA Limiteds.

01-08-2021, 01:54 AM   #20
Veteran Member

With the stated intended use, a K1-II would perfectly fit the bill.

You can go buy one, you have our blessings.
01-09-2021, 04:02 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Most of my photography revolves around architecture. Mostly old structures. Nature scenes also. I don't see a lot of action type events.
In this case, the K-1 II is the better option for you.

The larger sensor and the articulating screen are advantageous for your application areas, while the limited action shooting capabilities of the K-1 II won't hold you back.

Note that the K-1 II has built-in GPS and an "astrotracer" feature, which you may find useful (I count night skies as "nature scenes" ).