Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-09-2021, 11:56 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Can we reset to a default exposure setting

Sometime I'd like to have my K1 start fresh with a standard exposure setting such as ISO100, 1/125th, f10. Instead of spinning dials to get to this setting as a default setting for the day.
I tried the green button. But pressing the green button trigger light metering and changes setting according to the light level seen through the lens, goes set exposure to a default exposure setting.
Is there a way to have the K1 camera remember a default exposure setting (e.g 100, 1/125, f10) and have it set there when switching it on or having the exposure settings reset to fixed values by pressing a button?

02-10-2021, 12:19 AM - 3 Likes   #2
Closed Account

Have you tried setting one of your USER modes biz ???
02-10-2021, 01:09 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Have you tried setting one of your USER modes biz ???
Exactly what I was going to suggest
I have a "birding" combination that trial and error has proven to be a very good compromise (TAv 1/1500 @ f/8 when using a long telephoto) and have this programmed into my cameras that have the option. Saves a lot of fiddling about in and out of menus and twiddling dials etc., both when an unexpected opportunity arises and I'm doing something else, or from a first start.
All settings can be changed, as normal, but, provided the settings aren't re-saved, the camera will always switch on to the pre-sets, so you can effectively use the on/off switch or the Mode dial as a "global reset"

Afterthought :- Do remember, the User Modes save virtually everything, including metering and a/f settings, so have all your options set as you like them when you save the mode.

Last edited by kypfer; 02-10-2021 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Afterthought
02-10-2021, 04:06 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Great idea. I've tried. It works. Thanks a lot