Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Illumination of buttons - not working for me

I was doing some night photography a day or so ago, and really could have used this feature. So I came home, dug out the manual, and changed the setting in the menu from 'off' to '2'. Menu shows that setting still, but pushing the illumination button (behind the ISO button) has no effect.

Is my camera body defective, or is there something that I don't know about using this feature?

Appreciate any feedback in this issue.

Thanks!

03-06-2021, 05:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeeEmm Quote
I was doing some night photography a day or so ago, and really could have used this feature. So I came home, dug out the manual, and changed the setting in the menu from 'off' to '2'. Menu shows that setting still, but pushing the illumination button (behind the ISO button) has no effect.

Is my camera body defective, or is there something that I don't know about using this feature?

Appreciate any feedback in this issue.

Thanks!
My K1 has settings OFF/LOW/HIGH or OFF/ON..... cant see a "2" ?

Are you using USER modes by any chance ?
03-06-2021, 05:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Did you pull out the lcd? Asking because when I first got my camera it wasn't obvious to me that those lights for the rear buttons are under it.
03-06-2021, 05:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The buttons themselves don't illuminate. What does light up, however, dependent on the settings you chose, are:

- the sd card slot
- the lens mount
- the top lcd display (perhaps the only one that really does light up itself)
- the leds behind the display on the back. You can use this to shed some light onto the buttons on the back when you pull it out from the body a bit

03-06-2021, 06:40 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks ehrwien and aaacb, pulled out the camera and bingo!! I was looking for them being back-lit. Duh.

pschlute, I have K1ii, my memory is that they were numeric values but I didn't check so I may have that wrong. But it works!

Thanks to you all!
03-14-2021, 02:41 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeeEmm Quote
Thanks to you all!
You can find additional informations in this thread:
External Lighting - how do you control/configure it? - PentaxForums.com
03-15-2021, 03:22 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, I had found that menu, my problem was moving the screen for the lights to have effect. Only interested this time in the back, but I might turn on the lens mount one too next time I have the camera out..