Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-27-2016, 10:57 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, I did it! Just ordered a K-70 from Amazon (Adorama), in Silver, as they for some reason are out of black ones. But silver is fine. This will upgrade my beloved K-S2, which has been a superb kick-around kit to always have in my car or motorcycle.
And now, to sell my forest green K-S2...

07-28-2016, 07:48 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hecubus Quote
Pre-order price everywhere in Canada seems to be surprising low at $749.99 CAN.
I wonder why compared to the K-1 which is still $2500.
Plus, in Canada, K-3ii is well above $749 as well and K-3s simply are not available and/or comparatively very expensive through the dealer network.

I'm taking the plunge. With electronics, I am rarely an early adopter usually preferring to follow the crest at about a year behind the technology curve where the best deals economically, feature-wise, and bugfix-wise are usually to be had. But I have pushed my basic K-50 star wars trooper edition about as far as it can go. Need a bit more of what the K-70 specs promise. Hope they show up in practice as well.

My dealer says that Ricoh Canada has K-70s in stock ready for shipping.

Last edited by jgnfld; 07-28-2016 at 08:13 AM.
08-12-2016, 06:05 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
OK, I did it! Just ordered a K-70 from Amazon (Adorama), in Silver, as they for some reason are out of black ones. But silver is fine. This will upgrade my beloved K-S2, which has been a superb kick-around kit to always have in my car or motorcycle.
And now, to sell my forest green K-S2...
Congrats.... do post your experience... what improves over K-S2 & what hasn't.

As far as color goes. Black for me is the real thing, silver looks a bit of spray painted, which may wear away after after years of use. maybe that's why all black's gone.

K-S2's gray-orange, forest green & gray looked quite good. They should have stuck to this.
08-13-2016, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by anu l Quote
Congrats.... do post your experience... what improves over K-S2 & what hasn't.

As far as color goes. Black for me is the real thing, silver looks a bit of spray painted, which may wear away after after years of use. maybe that's why all black's gone.

K-S2's gray-orange, forest green & gray looked quite good. They should have stuck to this.
Actually, I'm surprised to be OK with the "silver", which is really a silvery, dark gray. It looks good, and seems to be solid and deeply impregnated like the K-S2 colors, so I don't expect any problems with the finish. All the interval modes are awesome- much better than any other body I have. Just shot some Perseid meteor stragglers this morning, which I'll post whenever Flickr gets fixed.

Last edited by shiner; 08-13-2016 at 06:46 AM. Reason: spelling