Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-70 now shipping: order yours!

The Pentax K-70 is now official! This affordable camera combines the compactness of the Pentax K-S2 with new advanced video and autofocus features, a 24-megapixel sensor, pixel shift resolution, and more!

Press release: Pentax K-70 Officially Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Price: $649 (body only), $899 (with 18-135mm lens = $250 savings)
Links below include both colors:

Order the Pentax K-70 at B&H Photo
Order the Pentax K-70 at Adorama
Order the Pentax K-70 on Amazon

Pre-order yours for a 6-month forum account upgrade with Marketplace access (see my signature).

See also the new DA 55-300mm PLM lens, which debuts the new KAF4 mount and like the DA 18-135mm, enables continuous video AF on the K-70:

HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-10-2016, 08:35 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
We're going to look back on the day when only a few of us brave-hearts (and independent thinkers) bought and used Pentax DSLRs against the marauding hordes of Canon and Nikon users. Cameras like this (at this price!) will put Pentax back in the running with the Big Two.
06-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fotograffiti Quote
We're going to look back on the day when only a few of us brave-hearts (and independent thinkers) bought and used Pentax DSLRs against the marauding hordes of Canon and Nikon users. Cameras like this (at this price!) will put Pentax back in the running with the Big Two.
Agreed, there is so much packed into this camera and seeing the ability to grow with the system and move to FF if needed, I believe more users will be investing in Pentax.
06-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #4
Forum Member

How do I gain the Marketplace access with the preorder? See his sign? what is that mean?

06-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Not his sign, but his signature. Here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/97599-free...opaz-labs.html
06-22-2016, 09:10 PM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Thanks!
06-22-2016, 09:30 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You're welcome!

06-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #8

Pre-order price everywhere in Canada seems to be surprising low at $749.99 CAN.
I wonder why compared to the K-1 which is still $2500.
07-07-2016, 02:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Any new info on the availability / shipment date??

also one more:

Anyone know/predict if the price will go up after the preorders? I think about buying this as a christmas gift for myself and I would not like to overpay :P
07-07-2016, 02:57 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gelokrol Quote
Any new info on the availability / shipment date??

also one more:

Anyone know/predict if the price will go up after the preorders? I think about buying this as a christmas gift for myself and I would not like to overpay :P
No availability info yet, but early to mid August would be a safe bet.

The price will never go higher at authorized retailers.

QuoteOriginally posted by hecubus Quote
Pre-order price everywhere in Canada seems to be surprising low at $749.99 CAN. I wonder why compared to the K-1 which is still $2500.
Makes sense: the K-1 is a professional full-frame camera, the K-70 is a consumer model meant to be appealing to a wider audience.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-08-2016, 04:30 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Makes sense: the K-1 is a professional full-frame camera, the K-70 is a consumer model meant to be appealing to a wider audience.
What I meant is that most body prices here follow the exchange rate, like with the K-1.
The K-70 though will retail at only $749, instead of what should technically be $900.
Anyway I'm not complaining, it could be a nice replacement for my aging K-x
07-08-2016, 04:35 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hecubus Quote
What I meant is that most body prices here follow the exchange rate, like with the K-1.
The K-70 though will retail at only $749, instead of what should technically be $900.
Anyway I'm not complaining, it could be a nice replacement for my aging K-x
$649 even

I think you can't look at exchange rates alone because the US consumer DSLR market is already under heavy pressure due to relatively low demand and lots of competition.

Adam

07-08-2016, 04:45 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fotograffiti Quote
Nah, but beginners and most Canikon users will only read DPReview or Ken Rockwell's recommendations.... They will not bite even if they don't know nothing. That is the reason why PF members are voicing their opinions on those inaccurate reviews.

Jokes aside, it's great to see new Pentax entry level cameras getting better and better, packed with useful features than similarly priced models in other brands.

Last edited by aleonx3; 07-08-2016 at 05:42 PM.
07-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The K-70 is due for release in the US by July 30th, and is already available in Japan. Pre-order to get yours first!

Adam

07-26-2016, 11:09 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Looks like the K-70 has finally arrived!

Order the Pentax K-70 at B&H Photo
Order the Pentax K-70 on Amazon

Adam