Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2016, 10:41 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
That is the problem with basically one model of Pentax. I never had or used that model nor have I followed the problem. But all the other models that were lower than the flagship seemed to be able to go much longer than 5000 shots. I would be greatly upset if that is how long my camera lasted for.

Even if one model has a problem is no reason for someone to say that one should be satisfied with any model breaking down after little use?
I never said anything about being satisfied.
When each of my two Canon Rebels died, and the total shutter count was under 5K {after nearly 8 years of use}, I was not satisfied.
I would hope that my K-30 will do better than that.
I had thought of buying a used K-3ii, but I'm thinking it would strange to own a camera for 80% of its calendar life and take fewer than 30% of the pictures taken by it.
Very likely I will buy a K-70 sometime, but I'm the type of user it was designed for.
To those who complain when their camera has died at 5K or 10K or whatever, I've consistently said that they were not paying for professional grade and they shouldn't be shocked if they didn't get professional grade.
We don't know whether the problems with consumer grade Pentax cameras were an issue with component design or quality control, so we don't know for certain whether these problems will continue.
So here, since many believe the K-70 is partly an assemblage of parts from earlier products, I simply made my same statement looking forward as a warning:
"If you put a professional grade load on, you're gambling if you buy consumer grade"

07-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #32
Forum Member

If I believed that a DSLR was only good for 10k shots I wouldn't buy it - whatever brand. That is an expensive piece of throwaway tech. Luckily my K30 has 30K clicks and still going strong. Pretty sure it will get replaced before it dies - probably with a K70!
07-19-2016, 04:20 AM   #33

QuoteQuote:
Even if one model has a problem is no reason for someone to say that one should be satisfied with any model breaking down after little use?[COLOR="Silver"]

That could mean for 30 years the way some people hardly have used the camera. That would place an excess burden on the company. There could be some *1DS still under warranty. There might still be some that would be under warranty 50 years in the future.
Fair enough, add a time limit. 5 years or 50,000 activations.
07-19-2016, 06:43 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I never said anything about being satisfied.
When each of my two Canon Rebels died, and the total shutter count was under 5K {after nearly 8 years of use}, I was not satisfied.
I would hope that my K-30 will do better than that.
I had thought of buying a used K-3ii, but I'm thinking it would strange to own a camera for 80% of its calendar life and take fewer than 30% of the pictures taken by it.
Very likely I will buy a K-70 sometime, but I'm the type of user it was designed for.
To those who complain when their camera has died at 5K or 10K or whatever, I've consistently said that they were not paying for professional grade and they shouldn't be shocked if they didn't get professional grade.
We don't know whether the problems with consumer grade Pentax cameras were an issue with component design or quality control, so we don't know for certain whether these problems will continue.
So here, since many believe the K-70 is partly an assemblage of parts from earlier products, I simply made my same statement looking forward as a warning:
"If you put a professional grade load on, you're gambling if you buy consumer grade"
Ten thousand shots in a one year is not professional level of shooting. I have done that in a month when shooting as a professional with a professional camera. One thousand shots a year is hardly using the camera, I have done that many in a weekend with the K-r.

07-19-2016, 07:23 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
Ten thousand shots in a one year is not professional level of shooting. I have done that in a month when shooting as a professional with a professional camera. One thousand shots a year is hardly using the camera, I have done that many in a weekend with the K-r.
Undoubtedly you have.
Most people do not.
I remain convinced that consumer level cameras are designed for the rest of us.
We should probably agree to disagree on this.
You may continue to communicate.
My message has been heard {understood}; I am done here.
07-21-2016, 04:31 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by planteater Quote
If I believed that a DSLR was only good for 10k shots I wouldn't buy it - whatever brand. That is an expensive piece of throwaway tech. Luckily my K30 has 30K clicks and still going strong. Pretty sure it will get replaced before it dies - probably with a K70!
I read that the K-50 is rated for 100,000 actuations, on photogrpahyblog's K-50 review.
The K-70 (also K-S2) most probably will have the same shutter unit.
07-21-2016, 04:59 AM   #37
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by anu l Quote
I read that the K-50 is rated for 100,000 actuations, on photogrpahyblog's K-50 review.
The K-70 (also K-S2) most probably will have the same shutter unit.
That would be cool, But how do we know that?

Eric

07-21-2016, 05:08 AM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by Eric Auer Quote
That would be cool, But how do we know that?

Eric
It's mentioned here, Pentax K-50 Review | PhotographyBLOG

The K-S2, K-70 have same max shutter speed, also K-S2, K-50 produce similar levels of shutter sound. I doubt anything has changed between them, don't think much will change with the K-70.

but 100,000 still isn't bad.
07-27-2016, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #39
Pentaxian

Why are the users on the promo add looks kinda old? Makes me think that this camera is for the old guys, lol