Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2016, 11:46 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oranges and yellows on a hike today w/ K-70 and 55-300 DAL

Last edited by jgnfld; 08-18-2016 at 12:44 PM.
09-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
Oranges and yellows on a hike today w/ K-70 and 55-300 DAL

Some nice shots... I heard from the local camera store... they have a pair of K-70 bodies waiting for me and will accept my K-30s in trade.... going to pick them up on Saturday and spend a few days playing with them before heading off to Australia on the 14th!
09-01-2016, 08:30 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
Some nice shots... I heard from the local camera store... they have a pair of K-70 bodies waiting for me and will accept my K-30s in trade.... going to pick them up on Saturday and spend a few days playing with them before heading off to Australia on the 14th!
Take some time to learn the manual. It is significantly more complex. But I'm liking it.

For example, given the much greater depth of merging interval and multiple exposures, you may be able to largely dispense with your neutral density filters for erasing people and shooting water.
09-02-2016, 09:41 PM   #19

Original Poster
Take some time to learn the manual. It is significantly more complex. But I'm liking it.

For example, given the much greater depth of merging interval and multiple exposures, you may be able to largely dispense with your neutral density filters for erasing people and shooting water.
Thanks for the info... and I've already printed the manual this evening for a bit of late night reading...it's unfortunate that Pentax has elected to dispense with a full printed manual and only includes the abbreviated quick start guide... but I have the pdf on my ipad!

09-02-2016, 10:58 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
CP140, to what part of Oz are you coming?
09-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
CP140, to what part of Oz are you coming?
We fly into Adelaide via Sydney. O/N in Adelaide then drive to Kangaroo Island for a few days. Back to Adelaide... O/N... then fly to Alice where we've hired a camper to explore the Yulara area. Back to Alice....O/N...and fly to Darwin. Spend a few days in Darwin, then the "Ghan" to Adelaide... then fly to Sydney for a couple nights then home.

Edit: O/N... "overnight"

---------- Post added 09-03-16 at 02:12 PM ----------

I've just spent an hour or so playing with my new K-70 bodies.... which means I have to change my signature line... (anybody done up a K70 Proud Owner?).

My first impressions are the scroll buttons have a slightly more tactile feel and the grip is more "grippy"... vs. the K-30. Shutter sound is about the same, but liking the rotating screen!

Last edited by CP140; 09-03-2016 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Explanation
09-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds good, enjoy your trip.

09-03-2016, 09:21 PM   #23

Original Poster
Sounds good, enjoy your trip.
Thanks.... I'm sure we (my much better half and I) will. Loved every minute we spent in Australia a couple years ago... even if it was stinking hot when we walked around Uluru/Ayers Rock.
09-03-2016, 10:32 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stinking hot we do well.
In Queensland we do stinking & humid hot.
In the centre, we do stinking and dry hot.
In Wangaratta we aren't so sure - sometimes dry, sometimes humid, but mid summer when it is 40C (not for too many days though) we just have STINKING HOT.
09-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #25

Original Poster
Stinking hot we do well.
In Queensland we do stinking & humid hot.
In the centre, we do stinking and dry hot.
In Wangaratta we aren't so sure - sometimes dry, sometimes humid, but mid summer when it is 40C (not for too many days though) we just have STINKING HOT.
Yeah... walking around Ayers Rock/Uluru in February was not the best of choices... we (my much better half and I) started at first light and carried 6L of water between us... we finished by 10:00 and had drained every drop of water... and it was already topping 40 degrees... but as you say... it's a dry heat!