Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I liked the videos with Kai. Now it just sucks.

08-27-2016, 04:15 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I liked the videos with Kai. Now it just sucks.
I personally can't stand him anymore. Completely immature and thinks being "funny" is more important than getting deep into technical aspects. Digital Rev just doesn't do it for me anymore, I need more than 12 year old jokes.
08-27-2016, 04:18 AM   #18
Banned

Classical reviews don't pay for themselves anymore I guess. Their is little surprise in to them and they get less views on youtube and thus less advertisements. Sales of camera's is down, so less income for them also.
08-27-2016, 04:24 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Classical reviews don't pay for themselves anymore I guess. Their is little surprise in to them and they get less views on youtube and thus less advertisements. Sales of camera's is down, so less income for them also.
Nothing wrong with sprucing it up with some humor, but his is way too immature and too much with too little tech talk.

08-27-2016, 10:39 AM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I don't see it that way…
Look at Cristopher Frost review…
Far less review.… but take into account that he manage his channel alone, he speaks only about Canon and Canon compatible lenses (ok, pretty much every lenses)… doesn't review new body as he review only what he bought for himself… and rent/buy/trade each lens all alone… Considering that, and considering his audiences' numbers… serious reviews pays for themself
08-30-2016, 05:25 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sasha Quote
Look at Cristopher Frost review…
I like Christopher Frost's style, even if a lot of the info in his reviews isn't relevant to me (never shot Canon, probably never will). I do pay attention to when he reviews interesting 3rd-party lenses (especially those who are currently making their stuff in K mount, or who are just making a splash and might develop into serious competition if they can cut their teeth on enough successful designs to stay on their feet).
09-09-2016, 12:08 PM   #22
Forum Member

I like Kai myself, something of an Asian Austin Powers to me, and I usually enjoy his vids, but this "review" by his buds was done poorly. I don't mind mixing in some humor, even if some of it's at the expense of Pentax and the camera, but they completely glossed over the camera's value for the money. It offers a lot for the price.