Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #1

Using older manual lenses with the K 70

I am using a K30 and use manual lenses in the Auto-Focus mode. This allows me to manually focus my camera and see and hear when I am in focus just like in Auto Focus mode. It beeps when in focus and the little red square lights up. I am interested in purchasing a K 70. I would like to know can I use the manual focus lenses in the same manor on the K70 as I do on the K30 with the same results.

09-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by T2SEAL Quote
I am using a K30 and use manual lenses in the Auto-Focus mode. This allows me to manually focus my camera and see and hear when I am in focus just like in Auto Focus mode. It beeps when in focus and the little red square lights up. I am interested in purchasing a K 70. I would like to know can I use the manual focus lenses in the same manor on the K70 as I do on the K30 with the same results.
Yes, behavior with those lenses will be unchanged. In fact, the whole camera will feel very similar to your K-30, with some modernization and performance improvements here and there.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One tiny point... the red square merely indicates the focus point that the camera is using. The green hexagon down on the bottom of the viewfinder is what indicates "in focus". So you want the green hexagon glowing steady not flickering and a focus point selected that is on your subject. I didn't know this at first and when the red light went off I thought it was in focus which it was most of the time but not all of the time.