Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
ok, for me it for sure was not the SD card as it was still during processing the data, before it was being saved to SD.
Also it was not the mirror lockup because he mirror got down (I could hear that happening) and 3 photos (out of 4) were succesfully forwareded to processing..

I'll see if this happens again. If it will i'll try to get more details.

10-31-2016, 03:52 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by gelokrol Quote
ok, for me it for sure was not the SD card as it was still during processing the data, before it was being saved to SD.
Also it was not the mirror lockup because he mirror got down (I could hear that happening) and 3 photos (out of 4) were succesfully forwareded to processing..

I'll see if this happens again. If it will i'll try to get more details.
I had lockups with the K-70 in the past, so I tried to reproduce the problem you had using pixel shift. Did not have any problems after 25 shots.

When my camera locked up, it wasn't a complete lockup. It would just refuse to release the shutter. There was no indication of anything wrong on the screen, and I could change settings on the camera. Powering Off and On did not help. Only removing and reinserting the battery helped.

Looking at when my lock-ups occurred. I was shooting in regular single shot mode with firmware 1.1. Had the first lockup at image 540. Didn't have another lockup until image about 1640. The battery level was high, so I don't think low battery was a contributor. After some suggestions on Pentax forums that it could be the memory card, I switched cards from "PNY Elite Performance 64GB High Speed SDXC Class 10, UHS-I, U1 Up to 90MB/sec Flash Card" to another card I had laying around: an "Amazon Basics SDHC Class 10,32GB Secure Digital Card". It is a much slower card for saving images. I am up to image 2341 and haven't seen a problem with that card. But that's not enough shots to be certain. I am going back to the PNY card anyway since it is so much faster saving images. Will just take my chances.