Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2017, 04:54 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Saltwater Images Quote
I wouldn't consider "H****'s" a National chain. They have 22 locations in Ontario, 2 in Nova Scotia and 1 in Manitoba. They're not interested in selling to Pentax shooters but will try to talk you into another system. I was in the Dartmouth Crossing store last month. They had a K-1 body, no charged battery and no lens to mount. Kinda hard to sell in that state!
There was a H***** store store in Newfoundland until recently. I never found it useful for any of my purposes much. Did get a knock around pocket Lumix 5-10 years ago. Got some neoprene lens bags and photo albums. That's about it. Never saw more than 1 or 2 other customers.

04-03-2017, 08:29 AM   #17
Forum Member

Everyone on this board already agrees that pentax offers a better camera at their price point than the other big two. It's already a good value. Why complain about them not having sales and discounts like the other guys? . I bought my k70 from adorama last month for 640 with free shipping and it included $100 worth of free accessories. I don't begrudge needing them making money to stay in business or for pentax to stay in business. The fact is you can buy anything in this world cheaper if you wait long enough, search online hard enough but I wanted to enjoy my good value camera sooner. Just my 2 cents.

05-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To all that have been following this thread
Just to let you know that I made the jump and ordered and received a K70 from another local Supplier. I've had the camera for little over a week and have been very happy with it
05-19-2017, 03:56 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NS_Sailor Quote
To all that have been following this thread
Just to let you know that I made the jump and ordered and received a K70 from another local Supplier. I've had the camera for little over a week and have been very happy with it
I got mine immediately after it was released from a local supplier here. Have been nothing other than totally satisfied especially in conjunction with the new 55-300 PLM.

I think you will be too! BTW: The extra pixels help a lot in a number of my typical shooting situations (out doors, on demand) where cropping ends up being necessary.

05-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
I got mine immediately after it was released from a local supplier here. Have been nothing other than totally satisfied especially in conjunction with the new 55-300 PLM.

I think you will be too! BTW: The extra pixels help a lot in a number of my typical shooting situations (out doors, on demand) where cropping ends up being necessary.
I believe you! I was amazed with the detail I was able to get with the DA 18-55 kit lens from my K100 on a couple of shots like this one of a Maple Bud opening

05-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I got that from Amazon.ca

My vintage K20D lately has developed some metering issue. Anyway I have just got a Pentax K70 a couple of days ago and did some quickie trial/test shots with FA28mm F:2.8. These are respectively F:4, F:3.5 and F:2.8 wide open. I cannot afford a new K1 and have to settle with a more affordable hardware. Please look at the exif as I did not do any pp on the jpg out the camera. I never knew that my TV remote is so filthy at all until now LOL.

I did some high iso shots and they looked impressive too

Here are the original with large file warning

http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/165515540/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/165515541/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/165515542/original.jpg