Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2016, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K 70 Blog and sample images!

Hi everyone, I had been meaning to post on my blog ages ago after upgrading to my first ever Pentax over the summer! Link is in my signature

It is the least techy review ever so don't expect a lot but some sample images and my favourite features!

Also any fellow K 70 owners would be great to know any tips and tricks or fun features you are using a lot? I tried out pixel shift resolution once and was impressed but the file sizes were mammoth... Also hoping to try doing star trails at some point so any advice with that would be amazing.

I am very new to this forum but have found it very helpful so far and thought I would just share my camera experience so far, would love to see your favourite images with your cameras too,

Josie

Last edited by jmaskphoto; 12-08-2016 at 04:28 PM. Reason: link removed
12-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Josie.
12-08-2016, 05:25 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Welcome! I am glad that you are also enjoying your K-70. I've had mine since summer and I've been very pleased.

I have the O-GPS1 module and have used it for Astrotracer functionality, which isn't exactly star trails but spot on pin point stars. I'm sure there are several who have taken star trails and can provide great advice. Before the Pentax/O-GPS1 module I had to make do with either home built or very expensive third party "barn door" mounts that acted as a clock drive for the camera to get the same pin point results with other camera makes.

Again, welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your own posts about the K-70 to contribute to the benefit of other K-70 owners.
12-08-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your blog link was removed?

12-08-2016, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Your blog link was removed?
It's in her signature now, which will show up after a few more posts.
12-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcome tothe forum
12-09-2016, 12:37 AM   #7

Original Poster
Hi everyone yes I wasn't sure on the link front but a google search of Josie Maskell Blogspot will bring it up also if you fancy a look! I hope I am allowed to say that?! Don't want to get myself into trouble before I have even started here!

Thanks for the advice on startrails, I may have a go one evening since England is pretty dang dark right now!

12-09-2016, 12:46 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jmaskphoto Quote
Hi everyone yes I wasn't sure on the link front but a google search of Josie Maskell Blogspot will bring it up also if you fancy a look! I hope I am allowed to say that?! Don't want to get myself into trouble before I have even started here!

Thanks for the advice on startrails, I may have a go one evening since England is pretty dang dark right now!
You're doing fine Josie, and your signature is showing up now, so all good!
Kind regards,
Mark
12-09-2016, 12:50 AM   #9

Original Poster
Amazing thanks Mark!
12-09-2016, 12:56 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jmaskphoto Quote
Amazing thanks Mark!
No worries.
12-09-2016, 01:11 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Welcome and a nice post on your blog on the K-70! We are expecting more samples from you in PF too!
12-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Nice blog Josie and welcome to the forums. I've been a Pentaxian for almost 40 years and just bought a K-70 last week, they are a great camera with lots of useful features.
12-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to PF and shooting Pentax, Josie.

Kind of fun watching you and your creative mind gravitating to and engaging with Pentax. Maybe not so much for the mere brand's sake, but to the extent that you seem to have found a capable tool to unleash another chapter of your creativity.

Pentax is certainly not the only viable system in the world of photography, far from it, but I can safely attest that no other system I have used has made me as consistently want to go out and create.

Therefore, all the best for your photographic journey, Josie!