Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2017, 04:40 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here ya go: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=4836

Helen Oster - View Profile - PentaxForums.com

02-13-2017, 04:44 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Helen Oster's Forum Profile* including Forum PM address. Helen can probably 'connect you with the right people.

* click the Contact Info tab
02-13-2017, 05:35 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joyce Keay Quote
Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply. Is it possible to reach Helen here on the Forum? If so, do you have her contact info? I kind of doubt she will be able to help but I'd like to give her a shot. Joyce Keay

---------- Post added 02-13-17 at 04:39 AM ----------

Hi Tony, Thanks for your reply. If Amazon still does not come through for me today I will definitely call Advanced.
Hi Mark, Never mind. I found Helen and have e-mailed her. Thanks again. Joyce Keay
02-13-2017, 05:41 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Mark, Never mind. I found Helen and have e-mailed her. Thanks again. Joyce Keay
You're most welcome.

02-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #20

Original Poster
This is an update to my original post. Last Sunday I called Amazon to explain the problem I have been having with the camera and to ask for a replacement. They said that because it actually came from another seller (Adorama) I would have to ask them. I e-mailed them and they said because I've had the camera for more than 30 days they could not take it back. So I called Amazon back and told them. They gave me the phone number of the outfit with whom I have the 3- or 4-year protection plan who said during the first year it is under the manufacturer's warranty. I tried to call Pentax but couldn't get past their main phone menu (when I hit 2 for repair, it bounced me back to the main menu). Finally I hit 0 and got a live person. I explained the situation and she gave me the number of Precision Camera which, she said, is the only authorized Pentax repair facility in the USA. I called and waited through several cycles of "your call is important to us" then the recording switched to "We can't take your call now. Please leave a message." which I did leaving my land line. I also left a detailed message on their web site leaving my e-mail address. That was Wednesday and nobody has gotten back to me. I'm calling Amazon again tomorrow. They said last Sunday, basically, that if all else failed they would take care of me. Right now I am pretty unhappy with Pentax. Be very careful about buying anything expensive from Amazon that is actually being supplied by another company. You will be at the mercy of that company's return policy.
I called Precision Camera again today and talked with a real, live person. She assured me that filling form out on line did include warranty work. The camera is now very carefully packed and on its way to Precision. At last! Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful responses. I'm looking forward to using this camera a lot once I get it back. Joyce Keay
02-13-2017, 05:20 PM   #21

I called Precision Camera again today and talked with a real, live person. She assured me that filling form out on line did include warranty work. The camera is now very carefully packed and on its way to Precision. At last! Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful responses. I'm looking forward to using this camera a lot once I get it back. Joyce Keay
Good luck, Joyce! I'm glad to hear you were able to reach the right people and get things sorted out!
02-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Please let us know what transpires.

02-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Joyce, make sure you send it "signature required"! And, if you don't hear from them in a couple of weeks, call them to find out the status and when you can expect to see your camera again. I've dealt with PCR twice now and both times my camera has languished on a shelf for want of a decision to be made on what to do. It took me writing to the CEO to get action. STAY ON THEM!
02-14-2017, 04:35 AM   #24

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
Joyce, make sure you send it "signature required"! And, if you don't hear from them in a couple of weeks, call them to find out the status and when you can expect to see your camera again. I've dealt with PCR twice now and both times my camera has languished on a shelf for want of a decision to be made on what to do. It took me writing to the CEO to get action. STAY ON THEM!
Hi Gary, Thanks for the warning about signature required but it is already on its way to Precision. I can check on its progress whenever I want via their web site which I intend to do daily! If it seems to be stuck somewhere without progress for a few days I will be sure to call them. I will definitely keep this thread posted. Thanks for all your help!
02-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #25
GRB
Pentaxian

I have used Precision Camera when I dropped my K50 and was very pleased with their response. I have found that email works exceedingly well with them. If you are looking to use your manufactures warrantee you will need your receipt.
02-23-2017, 12:01 AM   #26

Hi Gary, Thanks for the warning about signature required but it is already on its way to Precision. I can check on its progress whenever I want via their web site which I intend to do daily! If it seems to be stuck somewhere without progress for a few days I will be sure to call them. I will definitely keep this thread posted. Thanks for all your help!
are they showing that they've received your camera?
02-24-2017, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #27

Original Poster
Hi, Supposedly they have repaired it and it is on its way back to me. It should be delivered later today. I will definitely
report back here after I've had a chance to test it out. It is good to know that there is another authorized repair place, just in case.
Thank you all for your concerns and kind replies. Joyce Keay
02-24-2017, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #28

Original Poster
Hi, OK I have my camera back and the display seems to be OK. I called them a couple of days before the camera was out of repair to tell them of a problem I was having with the OK button. She said she would relay the info to repair but I'm still having a problem. Perhaps there is a setting that needs to be changed. Right now it is showing that I can change ISO, flash, AWB, and drive but I can't get it back to where I can change focus spots. Also the screen is showing something I do not remember before. In the upper left corner it is saying P User1 and it has been reset not to back button focus. How do I get rid of P User 1? Thank you. Joyce Keay

---------- Post added 02-24-17 at 03:50 PM ----------

Update to the update. I solved the problem of not being able to click to get between focus points and ISO, etc. I needed to set the AF area to Select. Whew!
02-25-2017, 06:55 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Hi, OK I have my camera back and the display seems to be OK. I called them a couple of days before the camera was out of repair to tell them of a problem I was having with the OK button. She said she would relay the info to repair but I'm still having a problem. Perhaps there is a setting that needs to be changed. Right now it is showing that I can change ISO, flash, AWB, and drive but I can't get it back to where I can change focus spots. Also the screen is showing something I do not remember before. In the upper left corner it is saying P User1 and it has been reset not to back button focus. How do I get rid of P User 1? Thank you. Joyce Keay

---------- Post added 02-24-17 at 03:50 PM ----------

Update to the update. I solved the problem of not being able to click to get between focus points and ISO, etc. I needed to set the AF area to Select. Whew!

Well, Joyce, I'm very glad you were able to have a happy ending to this episode. I hope the K-70 gives you many years of great service.
02-26-2017, 05:04 AM   #30

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
Well, Joyce, I'm very glad you were able to have a happy ending to this episode. I hope the K-70 gives you many years of great service.
Hi, Thanks. I think I will have to wait til next Winter's cold temps to find out if this camera is really fixed seeing as how the problem started with temps around 25. Also, the last words on the repair summary report said something like "Maybe the problem was the battery or the lens." I know it was not the battery as I replaced the battery and it was still happening. I cannot see how it could have been the lens. It does not give me a lot of confidence that they really found what was wrong. Meanwhile I will enjoy the camera to its fullest. Joyce Keay