Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Joyce Keay Quote
Hi, Thanks. I think I will have to wait til next Winter's cold temps to find out if this camera is really fixed seeing as how the problem started with temps around 25. Also, the last words on the repair summary report said something like "Maybe the problem was the battery or the lens." I know it was not the battery as I replaced the battery and it was still happening. I cannot see how it could have been the lens. It does not give me a lot of confidence that they really found what was wrong. Meanwhile I will enjoy the camera to its fullest. Joyce Keay
Hi Joyce,

I was reading about your camera´s problem in the forum, I hope it´s fixed now, I contacted you, because it might be my pentax k70 has the exact same problem as yours, in the same way, I got it from amazon, and the one month warranty is over now, so I´m asking you, Do you mind if you show me what exactly I have to do to get the same service as your camera had? Do you have an Email, or a phone to contact pentax? To send it to precision? Thanks to you.

Is your camera ok? how´s the service? are you satisfied?

Gio.

10-13-2017, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #32

Original Poster
Hi, I'm very sorry you are having a problem with your Pentax. Was Amazon the supplier or was it actually supplied by another company through Amazon? Mine was supplied by Adorama and they only have a one-month return policy which is awful. Have you called Amazon to see if you could return it to them if they were the actual supplier? Precision did fix the camera and it has been working fine ever since. However, I have seen a ton of bad reviews about Precision on Facebook. About a month ago I was careless and didn't push camera and lens completely together when putting on a lens and my camera and lens got stuck together. I managed to get an e-mail for Precision through Ricoh and sent them an e-mail, but it took them about two weeks to get back to me. In the meantime I contacted another company, Advance Camera in Portland Oregon who got back to me right away. I sent the camera to them overnight (even though it cost me a bundle to do so) and they had the camera fixed and on its way back to me before Precision returned my e-mail. Repair | Advance Camera Inc.

If you really want to contact Precision, the only email I have is info@precisioncamera.com. Their web site is:

Contact Us | Precision Camera

but I would strongly suggest Advance Camera instead.

I hope you get it fixed quickly. Joyce Keay

QuoteOriginally posted by Gyocracy Quote
Hi Joyce,

I was reading about your camera´s problem in the forum, I hope it´s fixed now, I contacted you, because it might be my pentax k70 has the exact same problem as yours, in the same way, I got it from amazon, and the one month warranty is over now, so I´m asking you, Do you mind if you show me what exactly I have to do to get the same service as your camera had? Do you have an Email, or a phone to contact pentax? To send it to precision? Thanks to you.

Is your camera ok? how´s the service? are you satisfied?

Gio.

Last edited by Joyce Keay; 10-14-2017 at 05:34 AM.
10-14-2017, 12:31 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joyce Keay Quote
Hi, I'm very sorry you are having a problem with your Pentax. Was Amazon the supplier or was it actually supplied by another company through Amazon? Mine was supplied by Adorama and they only have a one-month return policy which is awful. Have you called Amazon to see if you could return it to them? Precision did fix the camera and it has been working fine ever since. However, I have seen a ton of bad reviews about Precision on Facebook. About a month ago I was careless and didn't push camera and lens completely together when putting on a lens and my camera and lens got stuck together. I managed to get an e-mail for Precision through Ricoh and sent them an e-mail, but it took them two weeks to get back to me. In the meantime I contacted another company, Advance Camera in Portland Oregon who got back to me right away. I sent the camera to them overnight (even though it cost me a bundle to do so) and they had the camera fixed and on its way back to me before Precision returned my e-mail. Repair | Advance Camera Inc.

If you really want to contact Precision, the only email I have is info@precisioncamera.com. Their web site is:

Contact Us | Precision Camera

but I would strongly suggest Advance Camera instead.

I hope you get it fixed quickly. Joyce Keay

Greetings,

If I may put my full two cents in here, I can strongly recommend Advance Camera in Portland, Oregon. I have been doing business with them for years. You will want to speak to Paul who is the Pentax technician there. Their address Is; 8124 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, Oregon 97225. Tel. 503-292-6996. They will treat you right. Thanks for letting me chime in here. )

Tony