Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2017, 03:43 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
doh

Was taking pictures of icebergs yesterday and for the life of me I couldn't get image stabilization to come on. While foggy, it was bright enough that shutter speeds were low in any case.

In the car I finally found that I was still set to use remote (which the shutter button overrides) from the previous session AND that I had auto disable image stabilization when remote used enabled.

Besides the fact that I'm an idiot, is there any way to make the shutter option return to single frame after the camera is turned off on a K-70? (That is as set by the button on the right side of the OK button?) Or is it permanently sticky? I took an accidental multiple exposure of a squirrel recently for the same reason which while it has some bit of psychedelic charm, wasn't what I was looking for.

Last edited by jgnfld; 04-20-2017 at 04:00 AM.
04-20-2017, 03:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
an accidental multiple exposure of a squirrel
How many heads, limbs etc did it have by the time you'd finished exposing? Fukushima Squirrel!!
04-20-2017, 03:53 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
How many heads, limbs etc did it have by the time you'd finished exposing? Fukushima Squirrel!!
04-20-2017, 03:54 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There's an elaborate memory option under the settings tab of the main menu. I'm pretty sure you can instruct the camera to forget its drive mode there.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-20-2017, 05:11 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like a Picasso squirrel.
04-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I did the same thing this past weekend. Lost the shots becuase of it. Some early morrning landscapes.. sadly one is vertical and one is horizontal haha. Weird stuff.
04-20-2017, 12:01 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Fukushima Squirrel actually doesn't look bad. Nice accidental montage, that.

04-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Otis would be pleased!!!!!!!!
04-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There's an elaborate memory option under the settings tab of the main menu. I'm pretty sure you can instruct the camera to forget its drive mode there.
Found it! 5th camera menu screen "Memory" option. Choose it then uncheck "Drive mode".

Thanks a million!

Anyone who's compiling a list of suggested settings for the K-70 should list this one. As well checking to see that Auto SR off when remote used in C 19 is on would be good as SR on a tripod isn't necessarily great. (I think turning SR off is the default.)

I have a pair of image stabilized 16x50 Canon binocs that simply don't work when they are on a tripod and completely still if you then engage the IS. Image slowly drifts to the right. Probably same effect?

Last edited by jgnfld; 04-20-2017 at 02:30 PM.
04-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery
I had that problem a few days ago and got the answer from a thread I posted. Now I know how not to have it happen again - thanks jgnfld!
I remember when I bought my Olympus E3 some years ago there was a website where a guy had gone through all the menu options and had recommended the best settings for each. Is there anything like this for the K-70?
04-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zagg Quote
I had that problem a few days ago and got the answer from a thread I posted. Now I know how not to have it happen again - thanks jgnfld!
I remember when I bought my Olympus E3 some years ago there was a website where a guy had gone through all the menu options and had recommended the best settings for each. Is there anything like this for the K-70?
Thank adam in this case! Not me.

I've seen such lists for other Pentax cameras but not the K-70.

Maybe someone should start a thread!
04-22-2017, 02:08 AM   #12

Which remote do you use, jgnfld? I've been looking for one
04-22-2017, 03:33 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tigs Quote
Which remote do you use, jgnfld? I've been looking for one
The Pentax Waterproof remote. I didn't get it from B&H, but here is their listing for it.

Pentax Waterproof Infrared Remote Control 39892 B&H Photo Video