Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-02-2018, 08:36 PM   #1

Crop while takin piciture with K-70

Hi every one,
I am new user to Pentax K-70. While taking picture, some of my photos got cropped, while purple ban on the right and top side of the photo (pls see attached).
Is it t an physical issue with my camera that requires repair, or some thing with my skill?
Thank for help

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
01-02-2018, 09:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks very strange, I would suspect a mechanical problem. Do you see these lines in-camera as well?

Just to be sure, I would reset the camera settings and format the card (or try a different one) to see if that helps.

Otherwise I'd speculate that the SR system might be dislodging the sensor.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-03-2018, 08:06 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank Adam for your prompt response,
I found source of error. It's my fault - I have used "resize" function of the image conversion software while converting file from .PEF to JPEG format.
Trung
01-03-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dangvutrung Quote
Thank Adam for your prompt response,
I found source of error. It's my fault - I have used "resize" function of the image conversion software while converting file from .PEF to JPEG format.
Trung
Well that sure is a relief! Great to hear.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: