Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2018, 06:22 PM   #1

Wireless Shutter and Flash combination

Hi
I am looking for a wireless shutter release that doesn't require triggering from the front of my K70. It would be more effective if it also triggered the flash.
I see some triggers that sit in the hot shoe and don't allow for the flash to be attached.
I have 2 Cactus V5 triggers but they only trigger the flash not the shutter release.
Any help appreciated.
All the best to you all with the new year. Cheers, Graeme

01-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe that Pentax/Ricoh expect many users of the K-70 and newer bodies will be using the Image Sync app on a smartphone to connect wirelessly to the camera.
01-07-2018, 12:03 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FLOSSEY Quote
I am looking for a wireless shutter release that doesn't require triggering from the front of my K70.
There are dongle-type radio triggers that might work with your camera's cable release port, though an adapter might required. There are several threads on this site discussing use of this port with other than the official Pentax wired remote.

Edit: Try this thread -- https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/193-pentax-k-70/323526-about-wired-remote-control.html

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-07-2018 at 12:11 AM.
01-07-2018, 06:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FLOSSEY Quote
Hi
I am looking for a wireless shutter release that doesn't require triggering from the front of my K70. It would be more effective if it also triggered the flash.
Check to see if you can get a cable from Cactus to connect to the K-70. I have a KP and it uses the same cable as the K-70 and i have JJC wireless remote shutter release for it. the JJC is only shutter release tough but the cable is an interchangeable unit. The Pentax non wireless version is the Pentax CS-310.

---------- Post added 01-07-18 at 08:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
Check to see if you can get a cable from Cactus to connect to the K-70. I have a KP and it uses the same cable as the K-70 and i have JJC wireless remote shutter release for it. the JJC is only shutter release tough but the cable is an interchangeable unit. The Pentax non wireless version is the Pentax CS-310.
Update Cactus does make a cable that works: it is not advertised as such, but it just tried it out and the KP recognizes it a shutter release. I had purchased it in a package of cables from Cactus. Mine was bought a few years ago, but it looks like the current "3.5MM PLUG CABLE FOR CACTUS WIRELESS FLASH TRIGGER (CA-350)" the difference being that mine has two "O" rings on the part that connects to the strobe/camera and the current version has one. BUT (just added this) i checked the thread noted above and it appears that current version may not work because of the number of poles. and i found this at B&H which looks like what i bought; Cactus Straight Cord Sync Cable Package CACA10 B&H Photo Video

Last edited by wstruth; 01-07-2018 at 06:44 AM. Reason: correction
01-07-2018, 08:25 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I have a set of cactus V5 triggers. I use a standard 3.5 male to 2.5 male cord to plug the receiving trigger into the shutter socket on a K3 camera. Make sure to use a stereo cable with the two poles, two little rubber rings on the plug. the single poles will not work, ones with one rubber ring on the plug. The same setup works with my K50. Don't mount the trigger into the hot shoe for the flash. If your trying to trigger the flash off camera you'll need another set of V5's or go to a set of the V6 or V6II triggers. they will do relay. I have sets of all three types, V5, V6 and V6II. V5's are for remote wireless camera trigger. V6 are for the dumb flashes off camera and the V6II is for off camera flash with power control, zoom and HSS. You can get these cables at most electronic stores.
The K3 and K50 shutter release socket is 2.5mm, I'm not sure if the K70 is 2.5mm or 3.5mm. You can still get cables from an electronics store. 3.5mm male to 2.5mm male or 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male. which ever yours is.

Last edited by Roadboat24; 01-07-2018 at 08:48 AM.