Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2018, 12:20 AM   #16
Pentaxian

As has been stated already, the K70 is a more fully-featured camera than the two others you're comparing it to. Pentax is usually (always??) cheaper than the competition when comparing like with like, but you really need to look at the features of all the options and decide what you want and what you're happy to live without.

Regarding image quality, that's very hard to believe. Modern Pentax DSLRs tend to use Sony sensors, which are the best there are, and Pentax usually manage to get more IQ out of them than any other brand using the same sensor. In my experience with image quality, Nikon are hobbled by their poor colour rendition and Canon by the poor dynamic range of their own in-house sensors. They may have better AF than Pentax but in image quality I'd say they're firmly behind.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
canon, comparison, k-70, k70, kit, nikon, pentax, pentax k-70, photography, review, video, vs