Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
07-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-70 screen protector

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

B&H seems to have a half dozen different options for screen protectors for the K-70. Is there a consensus on the ONE and/or am missing some small details in making a correct choice?

07-27-2018, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #2

I tried a screen protector on my old camera but it seemed to lose clarity on what was already a poor screen. For the K-70 I always work with the screen swiveled to protect it. If I need the screen I'll temporarily fold it out or swivel it around, then put it back as soon as I'm done. No scratches yet. However, I'd be interested if someone can recommend a good protector.
07-27-2018, 12:00 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Forum Member

After seeing some truly wonky screen protectors (even official ones) for cameras, I always go for one that's nothing more than a simple square of tempered glass. Sure, it's not optical-grade glass, but that doesn't matter on an LCD. If it works on high-res phones, it works on your camera. Easy to apply and clean, too.

I got this one off AliExpress for $3.50. Has worked perfectly so far, including schlepping my camera aroun Vietnam and Cambdia for a month - including getting my backpack full of sand at the beach. Shipping is slow, though.
07-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Qman Quote
I tried a screen protector on my old camera but it seemed to lose clarity on what was already a poor screen. For the K-70 I always work with the screen swiveled to protect it. If I need the screen I'll temporarily fold it out or swivel it around, then put it back as soon as I'm done. No scratches yet. However, I'd be interested if someone can recommend a good protector.
This is how i handle it but I have been known to forget to re-turn it. I certainly don't want to make using live view difficult but . . . .

07-27-2018, 05:45 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
B&H seems to have a half dozen different options for screen protectors for the K-70. Is there a consensus on the ONE and/or am missing some small details in making a correct choice?
I have been happy with the brand Acmaxx. They are a tempered glass and I have put them on both my K7 and K5IIs plus a Nikon P7000 that my father gave me.

ACMAXX 3.0" Hard LCD Screen ARMOR PROTECTOR for Pentax K-S2 KS2 KS-2 K70 70 Body 704798121373 | eBay
10-28-2018, 07:34 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I paid just under $7 for this two-pack. Seems quality made (compared to similar protectors I've put on many cell phones over the years) and it applied easily.

amazon.com : AFUNTA Screen Protectors Compatible Pentax K70, 2 Pack Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass Protective Films for DSLR Digital Camera K-70 : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
10-29-2018, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oktyabr Quote
I paid just under $7 for this two-pack. Seems quality made (compared to similar protectors I've put on many cell phones over the years) and it applied easily.

amazon.com : AFUNTA Screen Protectors Compatible Pentax K70, 2 Pack Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass Protective Films for DSLR Digital Camera K-70 : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&
This was my choice. Seems to do the job with no problem(s)

11-18-2018, 12:33 PM - 3 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oktyabr Quote

I just bought these on Amazon (US, but i live I Spain) and they're great. Good delivery. Easy to apply and do not effect the image resolution of the screen, or interfeer when you close it against the back of the camera.
06-19-2019, 06:20 AM   #9
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Great, ordered them now. Thanks for the reviews.