Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I asked because my K-30 worked perfectly until May of this year ..... when I had been using it for three years. Your K-50 isn't quite that old, and your K-70 is nowhere near that old. Since I believe chronological age is more of an issue than shutter count is - even your K-50 could still have these issues. Like you, I was unaware of this problem when I purchased my K-30; perhaps this issue is why KEH sold the camera to me {shutter count = 3} for $250. My K-30 is already "a success" for me in my mind; right now, the inconvenience of a few dark frames each day is something I can deal with, and I'm willing to use my Q-7 - or switch to a aperture ring equipped lens - when I need to be sure the camera will work first thing in the morning, but when talking to others about any K-n0 camera, this issue is at the back of my mind. I am hoping surveys will show that the K-70 typically ages better than the recent cameras in that line have.

In a perfect world, no one would have to be aware of an issue like this - they could trust that most cameras will last five or six years with little likelihood of early death or need for the few KAF4 lenses out there. The reason for collecting failure stories is to determine whether this issue continues to haunt the K-n0 line or whether it is just less reliable "as any consumer-level camera is".
Question. Has any camera, by any maker, at any time, had a series of failures? Or is the Pentax K-30, K-50, (K-70?) aperture block failure the one and only example?

10-24-2018, 08:16 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The only problem I have with my K70 is that sometimes I take photos of really stupid stuff with it. I wish the camera could prevent that.
10-24-2018, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jondolar Quote
The only problem I have with my K70 is that sometimes I take photos of really stupid stuff with it. I wish the camera could prevent that.
No, the K-70 can't prevent that. But the delete function eliminates incriminating evidence.
11-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #19

Mine is one of the aperture failure units and I love the camera. That count for anything?