Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Will this strobe work with my camera?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Will the Orlit 450 KWIK light listed here ORLIT 450 KWIK Series Studio Flash With Bowens S Mount work with my K70? I see that it works with the built-in wireless functions of various cameras and I know my camera does not have that so I need some sort of transmitter as well.

I'm just a hobbyist trying to figure this all out and the strobe seems super cheap so I want to grab one and an appropriate transmitter. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

12-29-2018, 05:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would think that the strobe and your K-70 would function with the use of a Cactus type pair of triggers such as the Cactus V5 which I have. In that case you would be able to fire the light with one V5 transceiver on the K-70 and the other plugged into the trigger (radio trigger) port of the strobe light you have mentioned. The V5 as I said will fire the light remotely, but you will have to set the power of the light yourself on the light. A shortcut to the V5 product is listed below for a pair of them which you would need.

amazon.com : Cactus Wireless Flash Transceiver V5 Duo AAA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries (1000mAh) 4-Pack : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

---------- Post added 12-29-18 at 07:32 PM ----------

I have read the specs of the light you are referring to and it appears that the light has a port where the V5 transmitter could plug into. The V5 does come with the necessary cable (short cable) which would connect the V5 transmitter (trigger) to the light. You would set that V5 unit to RX (receiver) and the V5 unit on your K-70 would be placed in the flash shoe and set to TX (transmit). You can also use different group settings with the V5 units, but as I said before the power of the light(s) would have to be set manually by you.

Last edited by C_Jones; 12-29-2018 at 05:40 PM.
01-01-2019, 08:13 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jondolar Quote
Will the Orlit 450 KWIK light listed here ORLIT 450 KWIK Series Studio Flash With Bowens S Mount work with my K70? I see that it works with the built-in wireless functions of various cameras and I know my camera does not have that so I need some sort of transmitter as well.

I'm just a hobbyist trying to figure this all out and the strobe seems super cheap so I want to grab one and an appropriate transmitter. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
This sort of thing might work also-

Andoer 4 Channels Wireless Remote Speedlite Flash Trigger for Canon Nikon Pentax | eBay

Very basic and you would have to change the power settings on the strobe.
01-03-2019, 06:09 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jondolar Quote

Thanks.
This went back up to $200, so you got a bargain!