Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2019, 10:43 AM   #1

T ring

Hello all, I just bought a 135mm lens, its old and from sears made in Japan , Seems to be a sharp lens but cant focus to infinity .I need a few more mm of in focus.
Is there a low profile T ring for the K50 ? or other way to mount this lens Thanks

Last edited by cg-4k50; 05-27-2019 at 01:02 PM.
05-27-2019, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cg-4k50 Quote
Hello all . . .

Could we see a picture of your lens, its mount and the T ring or adapter you're currently using?
05-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #3

What mount is on the lens? A T-adapter is only going to have a fixed length depending on the lens mount on the body. T-adapters will only fit on T-mount lenses.

Adding extension will move the focus closer.

Is it a screw mount (M42) lens and are you using an adapter with a flange? These adapters will not focus to infinity without adjusting the lens. Use a flange-less or "sunken" adapter like the genuine Pentax M42 adapter.

If the lens is for K-mount then perhaps a previous owner adjusted the infinity stop for use on a Canon or Nikon body. You would have to readjust the setting.
05-27-2019, 05:33 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
What mount is on the lens? A T-adapter is only going to have a fixed length depending on the lens mount on the body. T-adapters will only fit on T-mount lenses.

Adding extension will move the focus closer.

Is it a screw mount (M42) lens and are you using an adapter with a flange? These adapters will not focus to infinity without adjusting the lens. Use a flange-less or "sunken" adapter like the genuine Pentax M42 adapter.

If the lens is for K-mount then perhaps a previous owner adjusted the infinity stop for use on a Canon or Nikon body. You would have to readjust the setting.
Thanks for the reply, yes a screw in mount ,My T ring has a flange I use it for AP ,found the right one thanks

05-28-2019, 03:42 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cg-4k50 Quote
Thanks for the reply, yes a screw in mount ,My T ring has a flange I use it for AP ,found the right one thanks
May I ask you for the link, if possible? I struggle to focus some my cameras with the scope.
05-31-2019, 06:13 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Piotrek K Quote
May I ask you for the link, if possible? I struggle to focus some my cameras with the scope.
I went to Amazon ,searched M42 adapter ,several choices